cumberlandhighpower

Best Die Maker?

Hello folks,

I am searching for an alternate die maker for my projects.

Anyone know of a good die maker?

I have had a bit of trouble with my current die maker...After 65 great dies ordered from them, I finally have a small issue with the most recent, and they flat refused to fix it, even if I paid for the correction...

I can say I was flat out shocked and surprised by the lack of professionalism to say the least....

My recorse was to just throw the die in the scrap bin...And start over.

But I am soured now on my die maker.

Anyway, anyone know of a good die maker that is reasonable on price and turn around?

All suggestions welcomed!

Edited by cumberlandhighpower

I've dealt with http://www.prorodeooriginals.com & they produced a quite complex die for me that was way under a competetor's $ quote (the competetor also basically said it was too complex to make, but they would try if I paid them $$$$).

There was one minor thing that was missed on my die, but it was rectified immediately at no additional cost to me. They worked with me throughout the entire process. Very professional people!

Hello,

I happen to work for a die maker. I'm the Sales Manager for Key Dies. If you give me you email, I can send our company information. Otherwise, you can visit our website: www.keydies.com.

Let me know how we can help.

Key Dies - Sales Manager

Hello folks,

I am searching for an alternate die maker for my projects.

Anyone know of a good die maker?

I have had a bit of trouble with my current die maker...After 65 great dies ordered from them, I finally have a small issue with the most recent, and they flat refused to fix it, even if I paid for the correction...

I can say I was flat out shocked and surprised by the lack of professionalism to say the least....

My recorse was to just throw the die in the scrap bin...And start over.

But I am soured now on my die maker.

Anyway, anyone know of a good die maker that is reasonable on price and turn around?

All suggestions welcomed!

Oh- and I forgot to mention- Prorodeooriginals' dies are full welded, (NOT just steel rule dies inset into wood).

I have used and had extremely great luck with Texas Custom Dies (previously Big Sky Dies). They are based out of Mansfield, Texas and Heather or Rebecca are great to work with. I have referred a few others and they have had a great experience.

good luck

Hello,

I happen to work for a die maker. I'm the Sales Manager for Key Dies. If you give me you email, I can send our company information. Otherwise, you can visit our website: www.keydies.com.

Let me know how we can help.

Key Dies - Sales Manager

Thanks for the reply.

What is your per inch price for common steel rule dies, 1-/4" height?

Forgive us, but we don't price per inch. Each die is custom with regard to the number of bends, joints to weld and so forth. We can price any die you need before you buy it. If you want to send a drawing, by all means, send to sales@keydies.com. We'll get you a price within 24 hours - usually same day! You could use our quote form on the website so you get us all the info we need: www.keydies.com.

Thanks.

Tim White

Sales Manager

Key Dies, Inc

717-838-5200

Thanks for the reply.

What is your per inch price for common steel rule dies, 1-/4" height?

Pro Rodeo Originals, we base price dies at $1.80 an inch and only vary from that if something is intricate or for some reason requires a large amount of extra time

Forgive us, but we don't price per inch. Each die is custom with regard to the number of bends, joints to weld and so forth. We can price any die you need before you buy it. If you want to send a drawing, by all means, send to sales@keydies.com. We'll get you a price within 24 hours - usually same day! You could use our quote form on the website so you get us all the info we need: www.keydies.com.

Thanks.

Tim White

Sales Manager

Key Dies, Inc

717-838-5200

I am looking at just doing it myself not to happy with mine either