jamesg63

Durkopp And Singers

Hello, I have been a member on this site for a few years now. I still, to this day am overwhelmed by the skill, talent, and knowledge found here. I recently acquired some Leather Machines. However, I have never operated ANY type of sewing machine. I was hoping that somebody out there could share a little knowledge. I was told the Durkopp worked but needs to be "timed"? As far as the singers go, no idea? I dont even know where to begin as far as checking them. Does anyone know where to optain repair,operating, manuals? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jim

post-5981-028812400 1320601883_thumb.jpg

post-5981-059966400 1320601894_thumb.jpg

post-5981-042320700 1320601904_thumb.jpg

post-5981-007770500 1320601917_thumb.jpg

post-5981-080675500 1320601927_thumb.jpg

post-5981-041893600 1320601939_thumb.jpg

Dont have no good info for ya, just wanna say those are some cool looking old machines. I know the 29k is a very useful machine if you can get it working good. The others I am not sure of. Looks like a good find though. Sure Wiz or Bob or Art will be around shortly. Looks like you dont wanna be operating them though until you have taken them apart and cleaned/oiled and what not.

The first thing you need to do is get the rust off each machine, then oil it in every visible oil hole. Baptize them in oil! Pray for the Fish!

After they are clean and oiled and wiped off, find a dealer within driving distance, if any and drop them off for parts, adjusting and timing. Marion is a long way from Chi-town or Toledo, where the industrial sewing machine shops are located. It's probably safer taking them to Toledo than Chicago. If you take them to Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines, on Marine Road, Toledo, Ohio, Bob and Bobby will get them running and sewing for you. Just clean the rust off first.

Try Pilgrim Machine for Manuals for operation and repair. They have manuals going back several generations.

Tip

Most of the singer manuals are online at http://parts.singerco.com/IPinstManuals/

apply lots of oil as wiz says and look to youtube for repairs and sewing tips

Edited by Wishful