"Apothecary" top hats.

apothecary-top-hat.jpgapothecary-top-hat.jpgapothecary-top-hat.jpgapothecary-top-hat.jpgapothecary-top-hat.jpg

Interesting concept. Do you need to offest the weight of the bottles and contents with stuff in the pouch?

Interesting concept. Do you need to offest the weight of the bottles and contents with stuff in the pouch?

I guess it would depend on what's in the bottles - lol.

I love the mad hatters hats - great job.. Seen an absolutely beautiful one in the Tandy store in Winter Park, FL - done with veg tan with lots of design work and inlays. Not sure if I'm ready to tackle one at the moment.

The pouch itself offsets the weight of empty bottles. Either way, the pouch and bottles don't weigh much. I'm only concerned that the bottles may slip out even though I stretched the leather before fastening them down with rivets.

I got the idea to put the bottles around the hat band like bullets in a gun belt, but I mis-cut the length of the hat band and decided to just rivet them to the hat. Then I needed something to go on the other side, so I put a pouch patterned from a British 1903 bandolier on the other side.

I shop at the Winter park store all the time, I've seen Seth's hat it is Awesome.

I guess it would depend on what's in the bottles - lol.

I love the mad hatters hats - great job.. Seen an absolutely beautiful one in the Tandy store in Winter Park, FL - done with veg tan with lots of design work and inlays. Not sure if I'm ready to tackle one at the moment.

If you're worried about the bottles slipping out, maybe you could add a strap to the bottom? You could take a strip of that leather and fold it in half over the center of the bottle band with the ends dangling down, then glue or stitch it in place. Then pull the strip across the bottom of the bottle in the center, and back up to the center on the inside, mark where you need to trip the strip, remove the bottle, and and rivet or stitch the ends in place on the inside back of the bottle's loop.