robs456

Homemade Stiching Pony

Tap tap

Mine is almost the same as yours !

/ Knut

post-5173-061025400 1323114762_thumb.jpg

Edited by oldtimer

Thats correct. You are talking about the jaws ends, right?

But I asked about the cube shaped block right in between of them at the bottom (please see the original pic from the very first post in this thread). The screw which is approx half way between in 80% of cases prevents leather to touch this block.

But as I see on that shot, there is square piece of leather covered top of that block.

Oh! Sorry. I guess I was a little quick on the draw with that question. I would assume it just another place to rest the leather without it getting mared? I look forward to the Rob's reply.

:)

Well, it's there for two reasons, aestethic and protection. When sewing through thick leather I tend to use pliers at times, and when not holding it I just put it on that cube shaped block (for lack of a better name). The leather then helps the pliers to stay in place and protects the wood from chipping when handling the tool.

:)

Well, it's there for two reasons, aestethic and protection. When sewing through thick leather I tend to use pliers at times, and when not holding it I just put it on that cube shaped block (for lack of a better name). The leather then helps the pliers to stay in place and protects the wood from chipping when handling the tool.

Thanks! Make a lot of sence.

Chuck Burrows has the plans for one of these on his web site.

What site would that be? couldn't find one from google.

What site would that be? couldn't find one from google.

I couldn't find it anymore on Chuck's site, wrtcleather.com ,but it was mentioned in post #4 in this thread

http://leatherworker...showtopic=17711

I'm not sure about copyright violation here so, if this is breaking any rules, would a moderator please remove this.

Edited by Rhide

I was thinking of making my own also, once I get a kit, looks nice.

Wild Rose Trading Co. has free plans for these on their web {http://www.wrtcleather.com/1-ckd/tutorials/_stitchpony.html}. Very easy to follow one should be able to complete in a afternoon.