Sign in to follow this  
SnappingDragon

Thickness Of Elastic To Use For Masks

Hi there,

If you use elastic as the ties on your leather masks what thickness do you use? I'm looking to make the switch from ribbon to elastic but realize that elastic comes in many thicknesses. What I'd be looking for is something like round black elastic cord but I wasn't sure what mm to go for as I'm shopping online and can't test it out. Any pointers you may have are muchly appreciated.

Thanks guys. :)

Hi, i think i use about 1- 2mm elastic. I punch two little holes on either side of the mask and thread the elastic so that the elastic is a double strand across the back of the head. This way the elastic can be positioned high and low on the head and it more secure. I always leave the elastic tied loosely so the owner can tie it to fit their head.

cheers

Thanks so much for your reply leatheroo.

I ended up ordering elastic that was listed as 2.5 mm. When it arrived it was slightly thinner than that but I think it will still work out great. Have tried it on all my new masks and have determined that it is much better to use elastic than ribbon - so much easier to put on, plus it's more secure. I'm pleased all around with my decision to switch to elastic. Now I just gotta figure out what to do with all the ribbon I have left over. :) Thanks again leatheroo.

I mostly use 1.5mm for our lighter weight masks.