8thsinner

Ideas On How To Plait Over This?

Any one got any ideas on how to plait the following shape in roo? And or over a piece of metal if it needs it to keep shape.

tumblr_lbr5a2YcPa1qzovkjo1_500.jpg

I think there is a three sided braid in bruce grants encyclopedia...i will take a look

I couldn't work out what you meant by that at first, and think you might be thinking of his ridge braid styles.

but no this is the flat profile of a pendant, the loop will be coming in from the top of the triangle, following along the outer edge back to the top to join the loop.

The tricky thing I can't work out is how to braid over the middle bar without strands from it causing imbalance on the outer edges.

oh ok...duh...are you wanting to cover just the three legs of the triangle and the crossbar?

yeah, thats pretty much it. It's for a gift, I will also be adding sterling silver wire braid inside the leather braid, but if I can get the leather braid looking neat the wire won't be a problem.

Just a guess but what if you did an 8 strand braid down each side to the cross bar split 4 from each side to do an 8 strand around the cross bar coming in from either side then use the 4 from the other side to finish the sides and at the bottom interlace your 8 strand braid like you would on a long splice?

The hardest part for me to think about is the middle bar I would wrap 4 strands all the way to the other side and work the other 4 through as in fid work.