Sign in to follow this  
Pine Ridge

Replacing Missing Conchos

I had a customer bring in his old saddle (from the 40's) it used to belong to his grandmother. Someone had stollen it years ago and took almost 30 conchos off of it before he ended up getting the saddle back. He brought the saddle to me to clean up and make it look nice enough for a decor piece in his house. I have spent 20+ hours scouring the internet looking for the same conchos, but can not find them. I contacted two concho makers and they said they could not remake them because of copyright issues. Has anyone had this problem in the past and if so what did you do? I did tell the customer that I might not be able to find the same conchos. Thanks Jeremy

post-27634-084948700 1325210826_thumb.jp

Hi Pine. I'm taking conchos off my vintage saddle that I bought and it had rotted out on one side. I'm reusing the leather I can, that doesn't have screw, tack, nail or staple holes in it. I was going to offer to send mine to you for the postage, I mean I'm not sentimental about this, bought it on eBay, Loved it, cleaned second side, found the rot. But mine don't look anything like that. Those are beautiful and how sad someone would steal them. Cheryl

have you tried buffalo brothers cowboy store? they have a lot of concho designs. i haven't seen if anything matches what you have, but you might give them a try.