DoubleC

I Need Website Help Please

She wants a template and I want a sketch background.  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these three designs do you like best

• Standardized Template
    • Cowgirl Sketch
    • Crazy Horse or other related sketch

I know this is way past the time but I would go with the template. I personally don't like them but in this case it works for the following reasons.

1). She said no and she is the artist if you want to wreck your partnership go ahead.

2) Absolutely no one will stay in a monochromatic site. People want to see colour they will not go in the site if it is just black and white, unless you are selling photography.

3) The third picture is way too busy, almost frustrating because it is so much and all monochromatic.

Go with the template til you can find a picture you both like more.

Randi-Lee

Edited by Leather Girl

I know this is way past the time but I would go with the template. I personally don't like them but in this case it works for the following reasons.

1). She said no and she is the artist if you want to wreck your partnership go ahead.

2) Absolutely no one will stay in a monochromatic site. People want to see colour they will not go in the site if it is just black and white, unless you are selling photography.

3) The third picture is way too busy, almost frustrating because it is so much and all monochromatic.

Go with the template til you can find a picture you both like more.

Randi-Lee

LOL, Randi this was so long ago I had forgotten about it. I don't even have the partner anymore. Since my name is Cheryl Crossan kept the Double C. I've built the website, subbed it to search engines, accidentally deleted my about me page, and still haven't gotten back there to fix that. So much to starting a business it makes my head spin like Linda Blairs. But thanks for the reminder I need to go fix the about me page. Cheryl

Cheryl,

That is me, always late to the party. Well now the only one you have to please is yourself and that is a good thing. Yes, running a business is crazy stuff but because of issues in partnerships I won't have a partner. I run about four businesses and I make all the product for three of them and it is driving me nuts. That is because it is all labour intensive.

Randi-Lee

Edited by Leather Girl

Cheryl,

That is me, always late to the party. Well now the only one you have to please is yourself and that is a good thing. Yes, running a business is crazy stuff but because of issues in partnerships I won't have a partner. I run about four businesses and I make all the product for three of them and it is driving me nuts. That is because it is all labour intensive.

Randi-Lee

I understand labor-intensive. I did another eye yesterday and it took all day and I still don't have the necklace for it. I could actually do probably 3 a day setting up a little assembly line type thing, working on one while the other ones dried, but I'm not complaining, I love what I'm doing.

I understand labor-intensive. I did another eye yesterday and it took all day and I still don't have the necklace for it. I could actually do probably 3 a day setting up a little assembly line type thing, working on one while the other ones dried, but I'm not complaining, I love what I'm doing.

It is beautiful. That is the difference all the things I do I enjoy and wish there was more of me to do that. Are you using 4-5 oz for the eyes and it looks like you are cutting them out with a olfa cutter that has the pinked edge.

Randi-Lee

It is beautiful. That is the difference all the things I do I enjoy and wish there was more of me to do that. Are you using 4-5 oz for the eyes and it looks like you are cutting them out with a olfa cutter that has the pinked edge.

Randi-Lee

No honey, these are make on 2 inch conchos. I intend to add smaller conchos for earrings to match but everything costs, and until I get the business actually up and running, I try to stretch things as far as I can. I made one handmade spectacular (to me) eye that was all in proportion after several attempts, that was all hand carved and beveled (still the one I wear although not nearly as good as these) and a genius friend of mine on here used the picture of it to HAND carve me a mold out of wood. It's Tree Reaper and if you ever have a question about something he'll walk you through it if he can. Kevin has been with me through out this whole project, from where my eyes looked like microbes that crawled out of the primordial slime, up to that one almost perfect eye. He critiqued eye after eye. he drew pictures and lines and arrows on my pictures then put them back up on here. And then he made THE mold. It is truly a work of genius.

Then I happened to be lucky enough to meet a girl on here WinterBear who can do everything like Kevin I think. She spent time with me explaining about what colors to use to shadow and why, and critiqued the new models with Kevin. So what you see now is their work really more so than mine. That's why you thought the eye was a stone, and they look so realistic, no matter what colors I use for the 'horse.'

I made a blue one for my sister and a lavender one for my niece and they looked like they were staring a hole in you as much as this one. It's all about starting with a realistic design (the mold) and adding the right color combinations. On this there is a little saddle tan dye mixed in the white for underneath the eye which would be shaded and a little yellow added to the top which would be in the light. They are actually washes made after the initial color. I have learned so much here Randi-Lee and I am so grateful to have found this group. Actually Kevin found me a machine that makes conchos so after these are gone I intend to make my own. Thanks for writing, Cheryl

No honey, these are make on 2 inch conchos. I intend to add smaller conchos for earrings to match but everything costs, and until I get the business actually up and running, I try to stretch things as far as I can. I made one handmade spectacular (to me) eye that was all in proportion after several attempts, that was all hand carved and beveled (still the one I wear although not nearly as good as these) and a genius friend of mine on here used the picture of it to HAND carve me a mold out of wood. It's Tree Reaper and if you ever have a question about something he'll walk you through it if he can. Kevin has been with me through out this whole project, from where my eyes looked like microbes that crawled out of the primordial slime, up to that one almost perfect eye. He critiqued eye after eye. he drew pictures and lines and arrows on my pictures then put them back up on here. And then he made THE mold. It is truly a work of genius.

Then I happened to be lucky enough to meet a girl on here WinterBear who can do everything like Kevin I think. She spent time with me explaining about what colors to use to shadow and why, and critiqued the new models with Kevin. So what you see now is their work really more so than mine. That's why you thought the eye was a stone, and they look so realistic, no matter what colors I use for the 'horse.'

I made a blue one for my sister and a lavender one for my niece and they looked like they were staring a hole in you as much as this one. It's all about starting with a realistic design (the mold) and adding the right color combinations. On this there is a little saddle tan dye mixed in the white for underneath the eye which would be shaded and a little yellow added to the top which would be in the light. They are actually washes made after the initial color. I have learned so much here Randi-Lee and I am so grateful to have found this group. Actually Kevin found me a machine that makes conchos so after these are gone I intend to make my own. Thanks for writing, Cheryl

Well Cheryl,

Great job. Up here conchos of leather have two slits in them, no good. That is why I thought you had made them and very perfectly too. The horse eye is very perfect and I am even thinking of ordering some. I love them.

Those are not heavy so you could still make them into earrings.

Randi-Lee

Edited by Leather Girl

Well Cheryl,

Great job. Up here conchos of leather have two slits in them, no good. That is why I thought you had made them and very perfectly too. The horse eye is very perfect and I am even thinking of ordering some. I love them.

Those are not heavy so you could still make them into earrings.

Randi-Lee

Oh no, these are very light conchos so they would just be 2 inch earrings. I thought a slightly smaller one would make it look more like a set. Order away, I do them custom :-) Drop me a PM. Cheryl