I am making something requested in the Antique Cherry finish as seen at this link: http://www.sawtoothsaddle.com/swatches.php

I have not been able to find any kind of leather dye called Antique Cherry. Does anyone know what products and techniques are needed to achieve this color? The closest I have found is Eco Flow's all in one in Cherry Chocolate Brown.

It is going to depend on your leather, as well as the products and techniques.

I have got close to what that shows by two coats EVOO, dry a day. Two coats of full strength fiebing's CHERRY stain. Parts of the leather are so dark they are black looking. Sorry no talent here for pictures.

If..you need more blackish cut black 1:3 with alcohol and spread a LIGHT COAT and wipe until you get what you want. Kinda a black cherry.

Experiment with other until you get what you want. If that doesn't work

change the type of alcohol to vodka. Drink eight ounces. The color will be perfect!

Good luck

For my choice of black cherry, I also choose Feibings Cherry Stain. I use Bee Natural's Saddle Oil on it first, though.

After the stain has dried, I use the liquid Antige stain, I've also used the paste.

But buffing 'til it shines gives me the finish I like.

Then just follow with a top coat, and neutral wax.

I am making something requested in the Antique Cherry finish as seen at this link: http://www.sawtooths...om/swatches.php

I have not been able to find any kind of leather dye called Antique Cherry. Does anyone know what products and techniques are needed to achieve this color? The closest I have found is Eco Flow's all in one in Cherry Chocolate Brown.

like previously said it will depend on the leather a little as well as the part, i have managed to match that exactly so i figured i would chime in and let u know how i did it

first was euro bend from tandy, super expensive but super nice

second was after i finished my tooling i airbrushed a few coats of fiebings oil dye, british tan....to an almost orange color

third, super sheen a few coats

fourth, ecoflo mahogany antique

then i sealed it with tankote i think

it is kind of like candy paint on a car, the base coat then when you apply the dye it will tint the sealer coat you put on before the antique and create a new color. i was doing this and just created that color, i wouldn't have known that it would turn out this way but I'm glad it did. i get a lot of complements on it and i actually use it as a demo pc to show. I'm not sure if this is the most reliable method since there will always be minor variables between all the steps.

ps. it was super hot outside and that could affect the absorption of the dye when i was airbrushing it, you should also let it soak in before moving on to the next step, i have noticed that when i do airbrush something that i do enough coats to get the desired color and then once it soaks in all the way it is a noticeable difference so i may have to shoot a little more dye

good luck, sorry my answer is going to be a pain in the butt to try