Sign in to follow this  
rickybobby

Rjf Leather For Carry Belts

I ordered leather from Roger at RJF Leather for Carry belts I am producing. Roger is a advertiser here on LW.net and has a great product!

I found Roger to be very helpful on the phone and the product is great to work with! I can buy the leather already dyed taking an entire step out of the already long process of making Concealed Carry Belts. The leather is top notch, and so is Roger.

If you have not tried this leather for belts you might give it a shot. Take a look at his website for colors and available leathers.

http://rjfleather.com

post-6575-004201600 1326653702_thumb.jpg

Edited by rickybobby

What leather did you use? I'm thinking of going there for holster leather. I have some of his sample pieces and looks great.

What leather did you use? I'm thinking of going there for holster leather. I have some of his sample pieces and looks great.

I have used the Double Backs and the double shoulders and have more on order!

The Double backs are the dyed hides that I use for the belts. I have ordered the "natural" double backs for liner material.

The photo shows the "Havana" color, I use it the black and the natural but I will be ordering the others as well. Not needing to worry about the dye process cuts production about 25% overall. I only saddle soaped the hide before cutting strips to make sure the color was even (the first time) and now only saddle soap and slick the surface once during production (for non tooled belts)

How smooth is the flesh side? I'm getting tired of fighting raggedy fleshy backsides .

I just got another veg tan double shoulder from Roger. Nice to deal with, and great leather. How is the drum dyed leather to work with? Will it wet mold for making holsters? Is it much harder than regular veg tan, so that hand stitching might be too difficult?

What is his pricing? I have looked at his site before and never have been able to find a price. I like seeing prices or at least range, am I look in the wrong place?

How smooth is the flesh side? I'm getting tired of fighting raggedy fleshy backsides .

It is very tight and smooth

I just got another veg tan double shoulder from Roger. Nice to deal with, and great leather. How is the drum dyed leather to work with? Will it wet mold for making holsters? Is it much harder than regular veg tan, so that hand stitching might be too difficult?

I have not used it for a holster yet. It does not appear to be any stiffer than a natural colored hide. I will be doing some this week and will post results. It should hand stitch like normal.

What is his pricing? I have looked at his site before and never have been able to find a price. I like seeing prices or at least range, am I look in the wrong place?

Roger does not post his prices (and I won't either, it's not my place) But I can tell you that I figure my cost of sale by the useable square inch and it is the same as some really ratty leather I have used from other suppliers. I have very little unusable "scrap" there is no belly on the double backs or on the double shoulders. Call him for prices and tell him what you are using it for, he will steer you right.