Design heading out the door tonight. Handgun is a Beretta PX4 Storm with a Vector Optics Sparkler red laser attached. Didn't like the protruding mounting screw so I decided to add a molded Kydex sleeve to keep the channel from collapsing and keep the screw head off the leather. If I had to do it again, I'd add about 1/2" to the length of the belt slot tail since the boxy configuration does not allow the belt to pull in like in a normal Avenger design. It's still very comfortable to wear even with this shortcoming. As always critiques are welcome.

post-10631-068096600 1327450363_thumb.jp

post-10631-028782000 1327450390_thumb.jp

Here you can see the Kydex insert from the top end of the holster. The stitches are placed so they fall into the void between the handgun frame and the laser body so they should not wear. The stitches to right are not really pretty (forgot to hold the Kydex against the holster when drilling - it was late) but serve their purpose.

post-10631-064944500 1327450409_thumb.jp

This is the Kydex sleeve as seen from the muzzle end.

post-10631-092518100 1327450592_thumb.jp

When holstered, the sleeve just blends in...

post-10631-041589200 1327450631_thumb.jp

Nice work! How many beers did it take to think that up? :)

Nice solution. I'll bet a six pack at least.

Thanks everyone.

Not sure about the beer but I do recall Mr Evan Williams having some input...

The mold for the Kydex was cut from a 2x3 and a table saw. It was wet-formed and then glued into place with Barge and has 4 stitchpoints that keep everything in place. Customer just received it and was thrilled with the fit and finish. In reality, the time well overtook the profit but this was the first order from a business card drop off at a local store so I wanted more to make a big impression than a big profit. Hopefully follow-up orders will make this worthwhile.

great job Joel!

Nicely done! I don't mean this as a criticism but I am wondering if this was necessary on an OWB? I can see that it would be a fantastic addition to an IWB, however.

Nick

Nicely done! I don't mean this as a criticism but I am wondering if this was necessary on an OWB? I can see that it would be a fantastic addition to an IWB, however.

Nick

If it were for a range gun, I would agree that the sleeve is overkill. However, the customer owns a heavy equipment repair shop and wants it to be a daily carry piece so ensuring the channel for the screw cannot be collapsed is critical to ensuring a clean draw at a moments notice. IMHO.