DoubleC

What Is This?

I'm practicing with my basket weave tool, and went to YouTube to Watch George from Tandy do it again. When he used the wing dividers I thought I had seen a pair of those in a box of stuff a friend sent. I went and what I'd seen, but I can't figure them out, or how you would use them. The Arms do loosen and tighten with the little screw, but what the heck do you tighten the left arm too? Thanks, Cheryl

stick a pencil in it!

I'm practicing with my basket weave tool, and went to YouTube to Watch George from Tandy do it again. When he used the wing dividers I thought I had seen a pair of those in a box of stuff a friend sent. I went and what I'd seen, but I can't figure them out, or how you would use them. The Arms do loosen and tighten with the little screw, but what the heck do you tighten the left arm too? Thanks, Cheryl

The image was broken but I managed to open in a new tab though it was tiny. From what I can see it looks like a compass used for drafting. A graphite stick about 1/16" in diameter fit in the one I had.

The image was broken but I managed to open in a new tab though it was tiny. From what I can see it looks like a compass used for drafting. A graphite stick about 1/16" in diameter fit in the one I had.

After I posted it, it dawned on me it was probably a compass. I am too old and been out of school too long. But it will be handy if I want to cut out some coasters, etc. Thanks, Cheryl

You can use it as a devider, just put a sharp nail in it instead of a pencil.

Aaron

Thanks aaron. I just happen to have a large supply of nails....I used to think they were LW tools, LOL. Cheryl