Sign in to follow this  
CodaWolf

First Rifle Butt Cover

Sorry about the image quality but I only had my cell phone. This is my first attempt at a butt cuff for my dads rifle. I can say the end cap was a pain to sew, but then so where the bullet loops. I think I will try the lace style bullet loops next time.

post-17062-024928300 1328478662_thumb.jp

post-17062-061439900 1328478665_thumb.jp

I like it.

I haven't tried a sewn end cap yet, how do you keep the top from curling when you mold it? From experience the laced loops keep the cuff from sitting flush to the stock, it's better the way you did it. Good work!

I haven't tried a sewn end cap yet, how do you keep the top from curling when you mold it? From experience the laced loops keep the cuff from sitting flush to the stock, it's better the way you did it. Good work!

I made a copy of the butt end out of an old 2x4 then wet molded the cap, let it dry, marked the sewing channel and cut line then cut it out. From what I could see there are bound to be a couple of wrinkles but when you glue the end cap in place and sew it down they will pull flush with the other piece. For once I am happy with a first project.