Sign in to follow this  
rgepting

My First Avenger Style 1911 Holster

This is the first time I have built an Avenger style holster. I have a few tweeks to do here and there on the pattern. Overall I like how it came out. Its for the Commander size 1911. I used Wickett & Craig 7/8 oz saddle skirting. Any advice or critiques would be appreciated. I also want to thank Particle for his how to videos on his site. They were a great help on designing this holster. Thanks for looking Richard Epting

gallery_6300_1117_142855.jpg

gallery_6300_1117_125398.jpg

gallery_6300_1117_90354.jpg

gallery_6300_1117_143391.jpg

Nice work!

I'm going to guess that your planned tweaks are the stitch line, the pointy corner at the bottom back corner of the reinforcement piece, maybe a little more grip clearance, and moving the belt channel down by two leather thicknesses to make up for the automagic shift that always seems to happen.....

Big O, Good eye on the tweeks. Thanks

very nice overall for sure, couple of things probably already mentioned....

Don't cover the mag release, upon drawing the firearm or while carrying and moving around, the leather could depress it releasing the mag and itcould possibly be discovered when they draw the pistol and the mag falls out when it is needed most.

Don't leave so much sweat shield at the back where the thumb comes around the grip and frame so that they lock the pistol in their holster when attempting to get a solid grip when drawing the weapon.