Sign in to follow this  
Suicide

Carved Stirrup Purse

So is that what you have been doing all day!

Ihana! Vittu Hyvää!You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Is that another old tandy project from the new web library?

That is very cool. The color combo and the stiyching is way nice,,,,,,,way nice:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Suicide is a productive little devil. Looks cool! I would never carry it because my wallet would never fit... but it looks cool.

Thanks, guys! Happy you also like it :cheers:

Is that another old tandy project from the new web library?

No, I believe it was somewhere at this forum old doodle page on how to make such purse. Just got inspired :Lighten:

But carving pattern itself is... yes :) from Stohlman's Proj & Designs - the .... dog collar's.... but shhhh! don't tell her ;)

Edited by Suicide

I would never carry it because my wallet would never fit...

Then do move to Finland! Completely no such problem here - after paying all the taxes and duties your wallet easily can fit into such purse :welcome:

Then do move to Finland! Completely no such problem here - after paying all the taxes and duties your wallet easily can fit into such purse :welcome:

Ha ha ha.... Not sure I could do the Finlander thing. Just too dang cold.... and I suck a driving in the snow. Trust me... there ain't a lot to fatten my wallet these days. It's just a big wallet. (just in case I guess) LOL

Ha ha ha.... Not sure I could do the Finlander thing. Just too dang cold.... and I suck a driving in the snow. Trust me... there ain't a lot to fatten my wallet these days. It's just a big wallet. (just in case I guess) LOL

Finlander thingy ma bob....it isn't like the movie Highlander...it is ..................Finnish:) hahahahaha

I am sure you have heard the term Finnish Carpenter...it isn't just the guy the puts in the trim work in your house and makes sure the paint and walls are done right, it is a way of construction from long ago that has become a trade job title that unfortunately in the States lost its original heritage...(Kind of like Pride in ones work) Master builder,Finnish Carpenter) All the same.

Just one of those sayings that got lost and becomes everyday language...

Plus it is very warm today...18f outside now...perfect day!

Ok Suicide heat up the Sauna!

Edited by chancey77

Finlander thingy ma bob....it isn't like the movie Highlander...it is ..................Finnish:) hahahahaha

I am sure you have heard the term Finnish Carpenter...it isn't just the guy the puts in the trim work in your house and makes sure the paint and walls are done right, it is a way of construction from long ago that has become a trade job title that unfortunately in the States lost its original heritage...(Kind of like Pride in ones work) Master builder,Finnish Carpenter) All the same.

Just one of those sayings that got lost and becomes everyday language...

Plus it is very warm today...18f outside now...perfect day!

Ok Suicide heat up the Sauna!

he he he... It must have been my Viking Studies getting the best of me. Finlander, Vinlander... But Ok, I'm with you... FINNISH. No disrespect intended.

Uhm... 18*F is not perfect in my book. It's currently 43*F at 4:11pm. I've seen plenty of 18*F days here, hoar frost, gloomy snow ridden days from Hades... Nope, still don't like the cold.

Nice to know the etymology of Finish Carpenter. (American Spelling) Makes a lot of sense actually.

he he he... It must have been my Viking Studies getting the best of me. Finlander, Vinlander... But Ok, I'm with you... FINNISH. No disrespect intended.

Uhm... 18*F is not perfect in my book. It's currently 43*F at 4:11pm. I've seen plenty of 18*F days here, hoar frost, gloomy snow ridden days from Hades... Nope, still don't like the cold.

Nice to know the etymology of Finish Carpenter. (American Spelling) Makes a lot of sense actually.

I am just pulling your leg it is not actually where the term came from...but a way you can remember it...hahahahaha

Once upon a time everything in Finland was made of wood, but these days is concrete. Although there is some purists left. Thank the Lord!

A real finish carpenter used to be a Joiner, a cabinet and furniture maker. Now called a Finish Carpenter,...but with all the Finish Immigrants that moved to the USA during the 1940's in Michigan , Minnesota, and Florida. I would not actually be surprised if the change from Joiner to Finish was not a result of so many Finnish carpenters entering the carpentry and forestry trade in the USA..( I imagine it went something like this..." HEY WHOS THAT NEW GUY?" OH MAN HE IS GREAT! HE'S A FINNISH CARPENTER" ) AND THE REST IS MYTH AND HISTORY...BUT THAT IS MY THEORY ANYWAY...:)

It is not actually known why the term changed from Joiner to Finish..but it is my thoughts about it anyway...remember I am an American...just living in Finland now, but being a carpenter by trade, I do that kind of work from time to time here as well, so I know the level of work that is created by hand here is still highly sought after and greatly appreciated and admired.

Edited by chancey77

I am just pulling your leg it is not actually where the term came from...but a way you can remember it...hahahahaha

Once upon a time everything in Finland was made of wood, but these days is concrete. Although there is some purists left. Thank the Lord!

A real finish carpenter used to be a Joiner, a cabinet and furniture maker. Now called a Finish Carpenter,...but with all the Finish Immigrants that moved to the USA during the 1940's in Michigan , Minnesota, and Florida. I would not actually be surprised if the change from Joiner to Finish was not a result of so many Finnish carpenters entering the carpentry and forestry trade in the USA..( I imagine it went something like this..." HEY WHOS THAT NEW GUY?" OH MAN HE IS GREAT! HE'S A FINNISH CARPENTER" ) AND THE REST IS MYTH AND HISTORY...BUT THAT IS MY THEORY ANYWAY...:)

It is not actually known why the term changed from Joiner to Finish..but it is my thoughts about it anyway...remember I am an American...just living in Finland now, but being a carpenter by trade, I do that kind of work from time to time here as well, so I know the level of work that is created by hand here is still highly sought after and greatly appreciated and admired.

LOL I thought I felt a distinct tug on my left leg... but just thought it was my broken toe bugging me. Good theory though... I buy it actually. From my studies, I learned that all the "norse" tribes were excellent wood workers and engineers. I did a few reports and learned a lot about their ship building techniques. I almost think I could build one if my body could hold up to the heavy labor.

I remember that you are American, but admittedly, I did confuse you with Suicide for the moment.

Hi everybody!

Just finished this stirrup purse. Hope new owner going to like it :)

Come on! Where is the Hero shot?!?!?!??!...lets see your tooling better! Don't be gun shy! We don't bite...hard anyway... Great job setting up your photos with a background and lighting!

Hi everybody!

Just finished this stirrup purse. Hope new owner going to like it :)

Suicide, I love it. What a unique idea and you executed it so well. Cheryl