That's what my wife keeps calling it anyway. Made from 6 oz oiled cowhide sewn with nylon thread and laced with rawhide. Note the trade knife carried in the back. post-25595-080825300 1330088554_thumb.jp

post-25595-080825300%201330088554_thumb.jpg

Looks nice. Did you make the knife too? Do you use this for muzzle loading?

Looks nice. Did you make the knife too? Do you use this for muzzle loading?

Yes Rohn, I am a custom knife maker and bought a Tippmann Boss a few weeks ago to help with my scabbards and sheaths. I have been having so much fun with the new stitcher that I started making these bags too (and to justify spending so much money on the Tippmann). I just sold the bag and knife this morning and I assume the gentleman will use it for black powder stuff. And yes, I hunt muzzle loaders too.

Here is a shot of the knife. I tried to make it look like an old trade knife.

post-25595-042714300%201330103085_thumb.jpg

post-25595-042714300 1330103085_thumb.jp

Knife looks great.

I just started muzzle loader hunting this year. I have a Thompson Center Hawlkin rifle with a Green Mountain barrel. It is a flint-lock. I didn't get a shot at a deer with it yet but maybe next year. (I guess this is off the subject of leather).

Back to the leather, You must like the Tippman Boss pretty well? I was thinking about getting one. As it is now I make my holsters all with lace since my hand stitching with thread is somewhat to be desired. I have made a few knife sheaths by hand stitching, but I really need the Boss.

One other thing - do you have a web site. I would like to see more of your work.

Wow. Beautiful work on both the bag and the knife. I can imagine the new owner is very pleased!

Knife looks great.

I just started muzzle loader hunting this year. I have a Thompson Center Hawlkin rifle with a Green Mountain barrel. It is a flint-lock. I didn't get a shot at a deer with it yet but maybe next year. (I guess this is off the subject of leather).

Back to the leather, You must like the Tippman Boss pretty well? I was thinking about getting one. As it is now I make my holsters all with lace since my hand stitching with thread is somewhat to be desired. I have made a few knife sheaths by hand stitching, but I really need the Boss.

One other thing - do you have a web site. I would like to see more of your work.

With the exception of a $2,000 belt sander the Tippmann has done more to increase my productivity and quality of my work than any other machine in my shop. It took about a half day to get the hang of the thing but now I am very comfortable with it and actually look forward to making sheaths where I used to dread them when I was hand stitching. Take the leap, you will not be sorry.

My web site (though not kept up to date) is www.knives.drewclan.com