Sign in to follow this  
chancey77

March 2012 Challenge

YOU HAVE DONE YOUR CHALLENGE AND CONQUERED!!!!!!!! Challenge was Create a Celtic Knot using only 3 tools......

Now whatever you decide to do with the rest is up to you....you should stamp the back as well and lace it up...that is going to make a very nice pouch!!

GREAT JOB!!!!!! Post up some pics when it is all done!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR PARTICIPATING AND I HOPE YOU HAD FUN!

Well, that was the whole point, right? 3 tools. :) I'll have to decide on the back. If I can work out the bugs and get this pattern down, I might do the back with a "dragon scale" pattern, or maybe just use the swivel, a beveler and seeder and make a "quilted" pattern on the back. I like lacing, but I think this one might have to be saddle-sewn chancey. I don't think I have enough room around the knot to do a lacing without getting too close to either the edge or the knot. And yes, once I got over being annoyed with my shortcomings, I had fun.

That's a great job Winter. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Thanks. If I can manage what I'd like to do with it, the rest of the structure is going to be based loosely off of boma's purse for the front (under the flap) and part of the side gusset, and it will have a molded pocket inside on the back flap for my phone.

I haven't been following this thread because I don't know how to do a Celtic knot and don't feel like I have time to learn right now. I hear you say every thing that's wrong, but I think it's beautiful WinterBear, and probably just another day in your multi and I DO mean multi-talented life. c

Hey, I had no idea either, but I muddled through. Look at "triquetra" on Google for some elegant knots that don't make you dizzy trying to figure out which strand goes where. You're going to give me a big head, you know.

Is it just me, or does it seem like people are having a lot more fun with the challenges when we dye them?

It certainly appears that way.

But it's all good fun yes.gif

Used a swivel knife, B936 beveler and A104-2 backgrounder

Oh well, it's dry......

Here it is.....

post-14765-031311700 1331675926_thumb.jp

Looks great. Now you have a round to it and you can get to work on everything else you've been putting off (or your friend can). :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Looks great. Now you have a round to it and you can get to work on everything else you've been putting off (or your friend can). :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thanks for that.

LOL I wish, it amazed me how I could stretch a few hours work over several days whistle.gif

Boy you lot are a chatty bunch.... why don't we go hang out in the chat room?

Boy you lot are a chatty bunch.... why don't we go hang out in the chat room?

gathering.gif

gathering.gif

lol i'm waiting in chat. :P

Forget the chat! LETS SEE SOME NEW KNOTS!!!!!!!!!

Forget the chat! LETS SEE SOME NEW KNOTS!!!!!!!!!

No time for knots... I got another strap in a 3x size to do.

PL01 and I had a nice chat last night. So :P

I'm probably going to have another go or two before the months up. Someone's gotta keep this thread alive!!

I'm probably going to have another go or two before the months up. Someone's gotta keep this thread alive!!

I've been thinking the same thing, still plenty of time thumbsup.gif

Started a second one smile.gif

My way of transferring patterns. Carbon Paper on DRY leather yes.gif

post-14765-006515500 1331900029_thumb.jp

post-14765-071477200 1331900036_thumb.jp

post-14765-062232400 1331900043_thumb.jp

Started a second one smile.gif

NICE! And now you have some new letters you can put your name around it:)

That is a good way to transfer...

That would be my 2nd/3rd option.

That is going to be a wicked Knot!....you could write T U I T in all 4 corners...in those new Sheri letters:)

You've been quiet that last couple days you must be hammering away on your next one! Nice!

NICE! And now you have some new letters you can put your name around it:)

That is a good way to transfer...

That would be my 2nd/3rd option.

That is going to be a wicked Knot!....you could write T U I T in all 4 corners...in those new Sheri letters:)

rofl.gif Yep, and I can stick a broom up my A** and sweep up while whistling 'Dixie' rofl.gif

rofl.gif Yep, and I can stick a broom up my A** and sweep up while whistling 'Dixie' rofl.gif

HA! I'd pay good money to see that!

:head_hurts_kr:

You've been quiet that last couple days you must be hammering away on your next one! Nice!

Unfortunately, no. This weeks been kind of hell at work, so I've been having to do some later nights and by the time I get home I'm pretty beat and don't want to force myself to think on anything (9:30 at night and this is the first time I've been online all day). I might get something going this weekend though. I need to get a few more bracelets done so I can get some funding started, so I'll probably get another similar one started.

YAY!! It's St. Patrick's Day, I finished the bracelet, and I have a very yummy beer to match!

:cheers:

post-22094-036123800 1332038095_thumb.jp

Now I've gotta try to get started on the next one before everybody starts showing up.

Edited by Cyberthrasher

LOL Cool!

Ok, here it is as a challenge entry. Working on the dye right now.

post-22094-013834500 1332111735_thumb.jp

Edited by Cyberthrasher

@Cyberthrasher

I like that a lot!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Ok, here it is as a challenge entry. Working on the dye right now.

post-22094-013834500 1332111735_thumb.jp

Yep, I like that one. :specool:

I never gave it a thought to do a bracelet or armband.

Like you, I'm working on the dye, but I'm stuck on the colour scheme for this one.

post-14765-096646400 1332127434_thumb.jp

post-14765-027439800 1332127447_thumb.jp

Hey PL01

Would you try something for me? Grab a scrap of the same leather and dip it into some water and rub the smooth side over that little scratch on the right side in the picture. I have a theory and if it works for you too... I'm going to make me a tool. (I'm looking for the scratch to virtually disappear)

Oh and color scheme....

Black or dark brown background... and red knot .... and antiqued... and made satin(black)/shiny(red)

Edited by Sylvia

I'm working on the dye, but I'm stuck on the colour scheme for this one.

I vote Black Knot and natural:)

Black and Tan!

I never gave it a thought to do a bracelet or armband.

Yeah, I'm at a point right now where I'd rather be putting product out then making a pile of random designs. So, anything I do has got to be able to be sold.