Sign in to follow this  
Warthorne

Need Direction Finding Metal Adornments For Projects

I have started making fantasy and steampunk bracers and the like. I have seen all the conchos Tandy has available and some smaller sites on the net. I have however seen many sites where people have made similar items where they have concho size and larger metal adornments to their projects, especially celtic themed. Does anyone know if perhaps those items may be sold for other purposes but leatherworkers use them. Not sure where or how to search for them. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

I have started making fantasy and steampunk bracers and the like. I have seen all the conchos Tandy has available and some smaller sites on the net. I have however seen many sites where people have made similar items where they have concho size and larger metal adornments to their projects, especially celtic themed. Does anyone know if perhaps those items may be sold for other purposes but leatherworkers use them. Not sure where or how to search for them. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Take a look at "Conchos. Com"

thanks, I already tried conchos.com. Does anyone use anything other than conchos to adorn their pieces?

How big are you looking for? Not sure exactly what you're looking for and I'm probably picturing the wrong type of thing but I've been playing with old watch and camera parts like gears and such. There's tons and tons of listings for broken watches on ebay and I got dozens of them for next to nothing, you just gotta keep an eye out and grab big cheap lots when they come up for auction.

Guess I should mention you'll need some type of jewelers tools or watchmakers tools and be careful taking them apart because the gears and all that are pretty delicate.

Edited by Mike516

Ohio Travel Bag has a number of decorative metal findings in their catalogue. I don't know that they will work out cheaper than Tandy but you can look.

http://www.ohiotravelbag.com/

Most metal findings producers want massive orders and have very long wait times unless the product was recently run for someone else. Luggage manufacturers can handle that kind of volume but even busy professional craftsfolks frequently can't justify 50K pcs of a given finding, in each finish.

OTB will probobly be your best bet. They will sell in 2s and 3s as long as you make the $30 minimum order. That's as good of a deal as you're going to get most likely.

Try Sunwest Silver Albuquerque New Mexico . www.shipwreckbeads.com www.silverking.com Gl Miller studio in Albuquerque New Mexico they will make your design from a drawing . This is the heart of design here so shoot me a PM and Ill help more if I can .