oh dear! Please tell me it wasn't his permanent teeth. I remember seeing a few kids get their permanent teeth broken in school. I always felt so sorry for them because it looked so painful.

Nice weather... wasn't it last week you were complaining about show again? LOL We are looking at a temp of 88*F here. It's nice but I feel it is a portent of a things to come this summer.

No it wasn't his permeant teeth...they might be ok but they where bleeding at the roots and a little loose, they said they might tighten back up...He is the Monster man:)

Well I started tonight on the design, still need to add the flowers and trees, but at least I had a chance to start it:)

This is going to be a Diaper bag hanger in the Bathroom.

hahahaha

So baby Tiki w/Dirty Tiki Diaper....banana.gif and Tiki Shark! LOL!!!!!!!! If you look in his mind he is thinking of sharks and one appears and scares him...

He is a POWERFUL BABY TIKI!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!

post-28433-099349500 1335216014_thumb.jp

Man, I LOVE IT!!! That's called "way to think outside the box" or diaper bag or whatever :rofl:

I love all the different takes on the "tiki" theme!

I got my rough sketch done last night and am going to give it a go this week.

Ive been dawdling bc Im not really into tikis' but have finally thought of a way to make it useable as a patch for a future msngr bag or maybe a possible a bookcover?

off topic, Im not sure what mechanism or straps? it entails to hold a book inside of a leather cover... advice please?

off topic, Im not sure what mechanism or straps? it entails to hold a book inside of a leather cover... advice please?

Think "pee chee" remember those?

Miss v, book covers usually have two pockets that the outer edges of the book's own cover slip into. Each pocket runs the full length of the leather book cover at the edge of the front and back halves, and about 1/4 to less than 1/3 of the width of the book cover. Each of these pockets is sewn or laces along the top, long edge, and bottom, leaving a long pocket on each half of the book cover with the opening facing towards the spine.

Here are some examples:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=31323&st=0&p=195524

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2029&st=0&p=38599

ms. Sylvia thanks, i DO remember ;)

Winterbear (same name as my dog!) thanks for the samples, I just thought there might be some other tricky leather style holders out there, but why fix it if it aint broke! Thanks!

Arf?

There are other ones using straps, but most seem to use the pockets. A lot of people will also add clips, straps, or buckles to the outside to hold the book shut as well (there is a pretty nice example of this in the Gallery right now).

SWIVEL KNIFE

BEVELER

VEINER

PEAR SHADER

SEEDER

BACKGROUNDER

CAMOUFLAGE TOOL

can i use a textured beveler instead? thats what i usually use as my beveler right now.

and for the backgrounder, does it have to be that little pear pinecone shaped one?

and yes, my tool-terminology is probably wrong sorry.

Edited by miss v

can i use a textured beveler instead? thats what i usually use as my beveler right now.

and for the backgrounder, does it have to be that little pear pinecone shaped one?

As long as they're similar to what's available in the kit I wouldn't see a problem with it.

The point of this exercise was to use 4 of the tools from the Basic 7 set. If your basic 7 came with a textured beveler... ok... if not... sorry does not qualify.

And you have to use the A104 backgrounder that comes with the kit if you choose to background.

http://www.usaknifem...amps-p-368.html

I'm sorry but the only ones I see that can by pass this is those who never bought the basic 7 and don't have similar tools in their kit. It sounds to me as if you DO have these tools.... so please use them.

Edited by Sylvia

I'm sorry but the only ones I see that can by pass this is those who never bought the basic 7 and don't have similar tools in their kit. It sounds to me as if you DO have these tools.... so please use them.

Yeah, what Sylvia said. If you don't have them, then I don't see a problem using similar tools. But if you do have them and want to use something else anyway......Chancey's demented Tiki will haunt your dreams :evillaugh:

Chancey's demented Tiki will haunt your dreams :evillaugh:

I think chancey's tiki will haunt everyone's dreams rofl.gif

He's been very quiet too, that's unnerving on it's own tongue.gif

It's that family thing. That will keep anybody from getting stuff done on time.

but if you do have them and want to use something else anyway......Chancey's

demented Tiki will haunt your dreams

ha ha, so be it then, haunt away tiki-baby!

i love team challenges bc theyre a platform to get me off my ass just to make something.

in my eyes its reallly about the fun and interaction with other creative people.

I think chancey's tiki will haunt everyone's dreams rofl.gif

He's been very quiet too, that's unnerving on it's own tongue.gif

..........that is the sound of my hammer....tap tap tap.......

3 MORE DAYS AND THIS CHALLENGE IS OVER!

SO IF YOU HAD PLANNED TO GET INVOLVED THIS MONTH......

GET-TO-WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OR AS MY BASS PLAYER TELLS ME LESS TALK MORE ROCK!

NOT YOU PL01 ...YOU KICKED ALL OUR BUTTS THE FIRST WEEK:)

AND IF YOU HAVE THESE TOOLS USE THEM! NO SUBS UNLESS YOU DO NOT OWN THEM, THEN IMPROVISE WITH WHAT YOU DO HAVE.... YOU CAN ALWAYS USE WHAT YOU WANT AND LIE...BUT BABY JESUS KNOWS YOU LIED:) SO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT...I DON'T CARE. BUT THINK ABOUT BABY JESUS....LOLOLOLOL

Edited by chancey77

Damn chancey, you've got it bad. I know spring is in the air an all, but baby tiki AND baby Jesus.

If your not careful you'll sprain something rofl.gif

Again not intended for youHolysheep.gif:) thats what Kaisa said...LMFAO!!!!

Edited by chancey77

ok, im a big fat cheater-peter-pants.

sorry. no im not. ok,

maybe a just a teensy-tiny-wee bit...

:innocent:

textured beveler (sm+md)

sm+md smooth beveler (sm+md)

knife

modeling spoon

*nail set for 2 eyeball dots.

Oh and its a "japanese tiki" (lol) the japanese make a wooden style mask called a Hannya Demon.

Its going to be a giant patch for my sketchbook.

post-29614-051955400 1335602689_thumb.jp

ok, im a big fat cheater-peter-pants.

sorry. no im not. ok,

maybe a just a teensy-tiny-wee bit...

:innocent:

LOL YES you are a giant cheater-peter-pants. :devil:

Looks really good though.

It's funny how we get used to using certain tools and rarely return to the "basic 7" set. I've somehow completely misplaced my speed beveler knife... can't find it anywhere. Must be time to re-organize.

Oh and its a "japanese tiki" (lol) the japanese make a wooden style mask called a Hannya Demon.

Its going to be a giant patch for my sketchbook.

I like that thumbsup.gif

It's funny how we get used to using certain tools and rarely return to the "basic 7" set. I've somehow completely misplaced my speed beveler knife... can't find it anywhere. Must be time to re-organize.

I never had the 'basic 7' set, when I decided I was going to play with leather, I jumped in at the deep end and got Tandy's Ultimate Leather Workshop

Now it looks like they've gone and cut that down to what you used to get. Only half a piece of quartz slab etc etc mad.gif

1 MORE DAY LEFT :)

17.gif Tiki, Toki, Tiki, Toki, Tiki, Toki times a slipping away.

I've waited all month to say that rofl.gif

17.gif Tiki, Toki, Tiki, Toki, Tiki, Toki times a slipping away.

I've waited all month to say that rofl.gif

:NEWFUNNYPOST: ha ha ha! Good one!

Bit rushed as I've been busy and only got to this today.. Used swivel knife, backgrounder, beveller and seeder..

post-29835-077419900 1335735384_thumb.jp

I didn't bother doing anything fancy with colouring - only having a few shades of brown to choose from is kinda limiting and I wanted to assemble this and make sure the design worked.

I think I'd make the decorated panels a bit smaller next time, they are too close to the folds..