I've found the "Blue Guns" are very undersized. I got several, but gave up on them entirely, as the plastic material apparently shrinks at different rates depending on what lot of plastic they are using at the time. They are designed for police training, and the exact size doesn't really matter that much, not like it does when you are making a holster for a duty officer or for CCW carry. Since I have a gun shop, I usually have access to (or can borrow) a used Glock,Springfield/Walther/whatever and I do my fitting to the actual piece. If this is for a really big order, or for something you make a lot of, you could either (if the laws in the area where you are located permit) purchase one of your own (new or used). If you are doing this for a living, the price COULD be deducted from your business profits as a "fixture" or Pattern Piece". That sort of item can be depreciated over time, just like tools, etc. Then you would have the real McCoy to use. An old holster maker once told me about the fellow he learned his craft from. He located an aluminum foundry and borrowed (with a payback deal in holsters!) used guns from several nearby shops, friends, and even the local police department (This was a while ago; different world...) which he used as patterns, and had aluminum replicas made of the more popular models he made. He said they had to be wrapped in masking tape to allow for the shrinkage of the aluminum, (10% or so) but when he got through, he had some everlasting patterns! He did a lot of "bartering" in this deal; said he made holsters for free really steady for about 6 weeks or so, but it was well worth it. .

Campchair

Thank you, thats exactly what I needed.....My Blue gun measured about 25 thou under on both dimensions...... I dont suppose you have access to a 21 for the same measurements?

Thanks again

Don

Nope, Sorry, 17,19,30 1952 Pre-27, M&P 9, 9C, and in 3 days a new M&P Shield.

Michael