Sign in to follow this  
pitman

Stingray Sheath [Step By Step]

Stingray sheath with kangaroo lace. I made it for my friend /japan style knife/.

raya1.jpg

raya2g.jpg

raya4.jpg

raya5.jpg

raya6.jpg

raya7.jpg

raya8.jpg

Hi,

great sheath, how did you make the holes in the stingray for lacing? The regular hole punches would get dull very quickly.

Moe.

I used a sharp drill and then it was easy.

The hardened lacing chisels would work as well (use the Pro Line versions and not the chrome ones). That's what I used when lacing stingray for a fender bib. Doesn't leave a gap like the holes do but you have to be more aware of wear on the lace as you feed it through slots multiple times.

fenderbib.jpg

Let me ask. how about sewing stingray andy issues? i plan on sanding all the nibs/nubs off first.

Let me ask. how about sewing stingray andy issues? i plan on sanding all the nibs/nubs off first.

I have not seen stingray that was sewn that looked good. The stitches have a tendancy to detour around the beads and look staggered. I would suggest either no stitching or do a lacing like the beatiful examples in the previous posts. As to grinding the stingray be careful with the dust and wear a mask. Also make sure the gun or knife does not come in contact with the sharp edges of any beads, for they will scratch it. I put silicone on the edges of my holster to protect the gun. This was my first stingray holster and as you can tell, I'm not a professional, I simply enjoy making my own.

stingray-45001.jpg