chancey77

Old Ugly Seat Gets A Facelift And New Guts!

achhhhaaaaaaa.....very nice, dig the gold in the carving....soooo classy!!

You are just a fine craftsman dude!!

Aloha

james

I had to wait and come back to this and re-check that pic out. I need to see that frame with the engine in...not feeling that tank...

Seat looks good on it though! That angle really makes the gold stand out, cool idea.

The seat looks cool on the bike. I like the gold. How did you apply it to get it just in the grooves or cuts in the leather? Looks like I can see some faint gold flecks on the rest of the seat too??

One other question. I really like the picture of the girl in lingerie. What's the significance in the arrow? Looking at her eyes, is she supposed to be dead? It kinda has a Goth look to me.

Nice job! specool.gif

Edited by Bobby hdflame

The seat looks cool on the bike. I like the gold. How did you apply it to get it just in the grooves or cuts in the leather? Looks like I can see some faint gold flecks on the rest of the seat too??

One other question. I really like the picture of the girl in lingerie. What's the significance in the arrow? Looking at her eyes, is she supposed to be dead? It kinda has a Goth look to me.

Nice job! specool.gif

Well my original plan was to do a multi color design. The girl is tied to a target, like at the circus. She is looking up at the arrow in her hair. For some reason in the picture her left eye didn't look colored but closed, but it is just like the other one...weird camera matrix i guess.

I dyed the seat black first then applied a heavy coat of gold to the lines and took off the access with water and paint thinner while it was still wet.

There is some flake left over after the wipe down, but they just kind of sparkle a little in the sunlight, very minor. I tried everything I could to remove them, but no luck. That is the thing about metal flakes, they tend to dig in and stay put....oh well, it looks good, and adds a little character. I think after a couple seasons of riding they will wear off. But only time will tell.

Hey, don't apologize for the gold on the rest of the leather, I thought you meant to do it! thumbsup.gif It looks good.

Hey, don't apologize for the gold on the rest of the leather, I thought you meant to do it! thumbsup.gif It looks good.

Thanks Bobby! It is just one of those things:) LOL

So here is an update on the build...Bike has come back from paint and is in the process of being put back together! Jäpä is getting close to having it finished now!

I LOVE THE BARS and all the Brass! I have plans for a Brass Hammer and leather holster for the bars it will fit perfectly in that void....

And some more pics.... He is fabricating up some more brass pieces for the rear fender to be able to carry some gear for long hauls.

post-28433-030859900 1344269979_thumb.jp

post-28433-076457800 1344269983_thumb.jp

post-28433-011845600 1344269988_thumb.jp

post-28433-065172900 1344270080_thumb.jp

post-28433-081849600 1344270084_thumb.jp

post-28433-053328300 1344270089_thumb.jp

post-28433-002201300 1344270094_thumb.jp

post-28433-021319100 1344270175_thumb.jp

Edited by chancey77

LOVE all the brass on that, and of course your seat looks awesome on it.

Hammer hanger is yet another thing I've been procrastinating on.

Check these out! That is an awesome hammer!!!!!

http://www.brooks-usa.com/id2.html

More and more additions to my expense list.........

BUMP_:)

BUMP_ :)

You know, if you'd quit playing rockstar and start hammering some flesh, you wouldn't have to bump old work up ;)

I did it for George:) I got my hands full with guitars not seats right now:) waiting for our new button for guitars and stuff:)

The bike seems to have come along nicely. I've got this new thing with gold paint for some reason...

OK, I went back and looked at ALL of the pictures again. I still don't see a hammer or a hammer hanger. Am I missing something?

Nope he hasnt ordered it yet:( Not My Bike, Not My Problem::) hahaha