I wanted to post this as a thanks to all the members of this forum. You may not know it but all of your posts helped me quite a bit. I'd been frustrated with the quality of holsters I was able to find locally for a few of my pistols and I absolutely hate Kydex so when I came across a bag of scrap leather I decided to give holster making a shot.

Hours of pouring through your posts and photos allowed me to finally produce my first pattern and holster. It's a knock off of a holster I already own modified to fit my Keltec. It's not quite finished, I need to burnish the edges, add stitching around the belt slots, dye the leather and polish it but functionally it's done. It isn't perfect. The slide side stitch line is off by a couple of degrees. I may go back and put in a row of stitches to tighten it up a bit but the molding is tight enough that it passes the upside down shake test.

I've never done any leather work before this and if it wasn't for this forum I know I wouldn't have been able to complete this project. So once again, thank you one and all! I now have a comfortable new holster for my KelTec and an interesting new hobby. I'm working on the pattern for my 6" Ruger GP100 next!

Jeremiah

post-30596-007927300 1334587659_thumb.jp

For a first it looks great. My first was so fugly that I put on the wall as a reminder, I mostly do sheaths. Remember the more you do, the better you will get.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by TacticallySharp

Pretty good for a firster. Suggest you burnish edges at the weapon openings before stitching. They get both inside and outside treatment, and it's a lot easier before assembly.

The rest is practice..but you achieved the goal of a holster. Hold the weapon in a reliable place for use and protect the weapon. YOU DID BOTH!

Kevin