Sign in to follow this  
Sylvia

"the Barney Purse"

Do you remember Barney Fife and how he almost had his entire belt covered with holsters and pouches for all his "policing gear?" That is what immediately came to mind when I saw this purse. It's kind of cool but seriously??!

Dscn1115.gif

If you are really interested in this purse there's a tutorial here

Might be interesting as someones first project. You'd definitely have a handle on bag making by the time you're done, but I'm with you. It's a bit overkill. If you're actually hauling that much gear, a pack makes more sense.

Some very innovative features on this purse. I never would have thought to put bullet loops on a purse. :rolleyes:

Bob

LOL I know huh? That's what really got me giggling.

Oh heck, forget using it as a purse, that's a great tool bag or a camera bag! I might have to try this--but replace most of those little zippers with snaps? Little zippers break a lot. No bullet loops for me either--stuff on the outside of a bag that's going to get slung around will eventually fall off in my experience.

You know the really scary thought? If it's got that many specialized compartments on the outside, WTH are they carrying inside of it?

You know the really scary thought? If it's got that many specialized compartments on the outside, WTH are they carrying inside of it?

Everything else! You know...like widgets, a bacon stretcher, muffler bearings, and the kitchen sink! :lol: