Sign in to follow this  
IngleGunLeather

Xd9 Shoulder Rig Completed

Finally finished up my first shoulder rig.

photo-27.jpg

photo-24.jpg

Looks nice! Did you come up with the pattern yourself or use something as a guide?

That looks like EXCELLENT work. Great job!

Looks nice! Did you come up with the pattern yourself or use something as a guide?

Thanks Shooter! My own patterns, but looked at several manufactures for inspiration. Plenty of hours into this on development. Unfortunately, too much leather, folders, and hardware went to waste using the trial and error method.

That looks like EXCELLENT work. Great job!

Thanks Eaglestroker!

Edited by CountryTrash

Nice, I want to make one for a XD45, I just need to sit down and work out the pattern

Thanks Abram. Yeah, when I started looking at making this one I didn't think it would be as complicated as it was. My customer wanted it to be diagonal carry, so that changed my original design and got me scratching my head trying to figure out how to accomplish that.

Beautiful!

What material did you use for the shoulder straps?

I made one rig entirely out of 5/7 oz horsehide, and cut the straps 1" wide. Definitely too narrow and rigid. Then I made another with wide, contoured straps cut out of suede. Much more comfortable, but I worry about durability.

Beautiful!

What material did you use for the shoulder straps?

I made one rig entirely out of 5/7 oz horsehide, and cut the straps 1" wide. Definitely too narrow and rigid. Then I made another with wide, contoured straps cut out of suede. Much more comfortable, but I worry about durability.

Thanks Big O! I can't remember exactly but it was a pre-dyed split from Tandy. I want to say it's 2/3 oz. I'm out of town right now. I might be able to give you a better answer next week. The tag may still be on it.

That is one of the prettiest and most functional looking shoulder holsters I have seen on here to date. Well Done! I love the color and detail molding.

-Tac

Nice job. I like the detailed molding, that's an area I need to work on.

That is one of the prettiest and most functional looking shoulder holsters I have seen on here to date. Well Done! I love the color and detail molding.

-Tac

Thanks Tac! With the exception of the attachment point just behind the ejection port, every other connection point swivels. My client/good friend wanted a diagonal carry. He can wear this either horizontal or diagonal (butt down). He wanted all black, so I tried to accommodate as best as possible. I was limited on blacking out the hardware because Tandy (which is local for me) didn't have black hardware, just antiqued.

Nice job. I like the detailed molding, that's an area I need to work on.

Thanks Madadh! You'd be amazed how much of a difference it makes to use quality leather when it comes to molding. For this rig I used 7/8 oz double shoulder from RJF.

Edited by CountryTrash