Sign in to follow this  
thx

Lorica Steampunktata

Took a class at the local Tandy in Columbus to make a Roman Lorica Segmentata and decided to steampunk it up a bit. The spaulders were liberated to make the raised collar, a number of strips from the stomach area were shifted to the rear to give the impression of a raised waistline in the front and coat tails in the back, and I added painted leather 'lapels'. Also made an Armored Cuff, a Geared Elbow Couter and a 'gramaphone' Horned Pauldron. I hope to wear this to more than a few 'cons' and a western/steampunk LARP called Exiles we have here in Ohio.

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1759.jpgIMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

Edited by thx

The gear pattern on the shoulder pieces is a creative look, is it some type of stencil work?

Wow! That is impressive! You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Bob

All that nice leather and your revolver is tucked into your belt? Surely something can be done about that.

Great work!

All that nice leather and your revolver is tucked into your belt? Surely something can be done about that.

Great work!

:16:

The gear pattern on the shoulder pieces is a creative look, is it some type of stencil work?

Yes. Its a full sheet stencil I found online a while back. Its nice because even the stencil border fits nicely into the design.

Great work!

Good idea. I have a shoulder holster I made for it but that doesnt fit with the armor. Ive been wanting to do a belt holster so will add that to the list.

Great Stuff!

The more I scrolled down, the more awesome it got. Good job!!

"Lorica Steampunktata"...funny! OMG, I love it. you're killing me. The way you incorporated the different gears is clever.