The matching combos have become pretty popular. The high rise Glock 36 is pretty interesting, after wearing a mock up for a week or so I didn't get the tip out I expected. The instructor who it is going to knew it might take more than one shot to get what he wanted and I affectionately refer to the rig as 'lipstick on a pig.'

post-19170-093810700 1336090078_thumb.jp

post-19170-087329900 1336090085_thumb.jp

post-19170-000851700 1336090092_thumb.jp

post-19170-034733900 1336090096_thumb.jp

post-19170-024533100 1336090102_thumb.jp

post-19170-013861400 1336090107_thumb.jp

post-19170-056007800 1336090112_thumb.jp

I always enjoy your basketweave holsters. I'm afraid to try thm for myself.

Mind sharing the supplier of those buckles?

Thanks shooter, it's pretty methodical and after a long day at real work somewhat soothing although my dog begs to differ. I just recently bought a Barry King maul for tooling, and got a real marble slab instead of a acrylic. The black 1911 rig is the first I've done on that stone and I think the difference is quite noticeable. Now for some real stamps......

The buckles all came from here: http://www.buckleguy.com/

Shipping is quick but always pretty pricey too, I tend to buy a lot at once. The roller buckles are B1187 and the heel/bar buckles are B1049. I've worn one of these roller buckles since December on the first gunbelt I made and really like how it's performed.

The depth of the stamping on the black 1911 rig is impressive. Are you using a Barry King stamp as well?

Thanks for the info on the buckles! I've been using the cheap utility roller buckles, time to step my game up on these new belts. Much appreciated!

Hey Shooter, up until this rig it was done on an acrylic board with a wooden mallet and craftool stamps. These were done with my new 24 oz Barry king maul and marble slab but the craftool stamps are the same. If I can get this definition from these stamps i can't wait to get some 'real' stamps!

When it comes to hardware I only offer those buckles. It's too hard to please everyone. I always have and always will use quality hardware though even if I'm the only person that knows/notices/cares.

Edited by Eaglestroker

Beautiful work! I look forward to seeing the stuff you post.

All great looking stuff Eaglestroker. I especially like the black basket stamped thumb break. Good job!

Josh

The matching combos have become pretty popular. The high rise Glock 36 is pretty interesting, after wearing a mock up for a week or so I didn't get the tip out I expected. The instructor who it is going to knew it might take more than one shot to get what he wanted and I affectionately refer to the rig as 'lipstick on a pig.'

Well guy, I guess that I have to say --- that Glock rig is about the best looking thing for a Glock that I have seen. I also like the enhanced pancake on the 1911 (long slide?). I don't get much call for any 'enhancements' like B/W, but done as well as you do, your work stands out well. Great work on all. Mike

Beautiful work! I look forward to seeing the stuff you post.

I appreciate that, thank you for your kind words!

All great looking stuff Eaglestroker. I especially like the black basket stamped thumb break. Good job!

Josh

Thank you Josh, that was my favorite as well.

-Robert

Well guy, I guess that I have to say --- that Glock rig is about the best looking thing for a Glock that I have seen. I also like the enhanced pancake on the 1911 (long slide?). I don't get much call for any 'enhancements' like B/W, but done as well as you do, your work stands out well. Great work on all. Mike

Mike, I really appreciate the compliments. The pancake is for a standard government, the picture just makes it appear a little long in the tooth as I was a little rushed to get it out the door and didn't process my photos until after the fact. My un-'enhanced' work doesn't stand out as well as yours either, but would venture to say that 75%+ of my orders have stamping of some kind. I currently have a pair of 6.5" N-frame belt/holster/dump pouch rigs on order that are both basketweaved. My hand hurts thinking about tooling them but I do really enjoy the finished outcome.

Technically my B/W is going the wrong way - I was told once 'that's not how you weave a basket.' Well I'm embossing leather, not making a basket, and I'll keep doing it how I feel looks good :)

Sorry for the long -winded reply Mike, thanks again.

-Robert

Wow those look outstanding. I just did something similar, but I need to make a real gun belt. (And learn how to tool worth a crap) I don't have a machine and couldn't imagine doing that much hand sewing.

post-30624-038122900 1336167056_thumb.jp

Also I really like how my dye job turned out, but if anyone has any pointers on getting it even I'd appreciate it. lol

Edited by dotsun