Sig 1911 Mold - Does It Exist?

Did you ever have any luck with this. Thanks, Matt

This ^^^ :)

Bumpity Bump Bump..

guess I'll have to buy the real thing <sigh>

woe is me <g>

tk

bumpppppp

I asked Luke over at Duncan's about the Sig 1911's and he told me "Sig 1911's I'd love to do I just can't get the guns."

While I would love nothing more than to be able to go out and buy the guns themselves, funds just aren't available for that.... anybody in the Michigan area that can help out with the guns? I'm pretty sure they could even use a good model for the casting like BRL's green plastic one....

I asked Luke over at Duncan's about the Sig 1911's and he told me "Sig 1911's I'd love to do I just can't get the guns."

While I would love nothing more than to be able to go out and buy the guns themselves, funds just aren't available for that.... anybody in the Michigan area that can help out with the guns? I'm pretty sure they could even use a good model for the casting like BRL's green plastic one....

I got the same response from Luke a couple weeks ago. He said as soon as he can get his hands on them then he's casting them.

That's a great idea about casting BRL's dummy, BRL are you up for it?

I've emailed the guy that made the molds for me a couple of times and he has not replied. Can't say what that means, only that I've not had any luck reaching him.

next week my buddy's going to teach me how to do casting and the Sig 1911's are going to be first up on my list once I learn....

just an FYI: SIG makes 1911s with both a standard slide, and the their unique square slide -- and both railed and non-railed versions of each. And in different slide nengths to boot.

I ended up buying a railed, square-slide model, because there was no substitute.

tk

next week my buddy's going to teach me how to do casting and the Sig 1911's are going to be first up on my list once I learn....

Any luck on the casting Josh?

sorry for the late response to those who were waiting.... so, here's the deal on learning to cast models.... my buddy was able to show me what I needed to know to be able to cast some models.... here's what the main issues are:

1. the materials and supplies for the castings are not cheap.... far from it for that matter....

2. it's easy for the mold making material to work it's way into the innards of the firearm and gunk it up or, worst case scenario, seize the slide up.... for this reason I would need to acquire my own Sig 1911's to use as I'm not willing to risk that happening to a customer's gun....

3. I would have to sell enough of the models to cover cost of all materials, supplies, and the Sigs to get the okay from the boss lady.... that means I would need around 30-40 people to commit to purchasing and require a non-refundable deposit up front.... cost of the models would be around $50-$55ea plus shipping....

if this works out I'll be able to offer a 5" with or without rail as well as a 4.25" with or without rail and possibly others later down the road....

this is something I'm wanting to do so I'm going to go ahead and start getting a list together of those who are interested.... if this is something you're interested in email me josh@shopleatherworks.com with "Sig 1911 models" as the subject and let me know which models you'd be interested in....

Edited by joshk

sorry for the late response to those who were waiting.... so, here's the deal on learning to cast models.... my buddy was able to show me what I needed to know to be able to cast some models.... here's what the main issues are:

1. the materials and supplies for the castings are not cheap.... far from it for that matter....

2. it's easy for the mold making material to work it's way into the innards of the firearm and gunk it up or, worst case scenario, seize the slide up.... for this reason I would need to acquire my own Sig 1911's to use as I'm not willing to risk that happening to a customer's gun....

3. I would have to sell enough of the models to cover cost of all materials, supplies, and the Sigs to get the okay from the boss lady.... that means I would need around 30-40 people to commit to purchasing and require a non-refundable deposit up front.... cost of the models would be around $50-$55ea plus shipping....

if this works out I'll be able to offer a 5" with or without rail as well as a 4.25" with or without rail and possibly others later down the road....

this is something I'm wanting to do so I'm going to go ahead and start getting a list together of those who are interested.... if this is something you're interested in email me josh@shopleatherworks.com with "Sig 1911 models" as the subject and let me know which models you'd be interested in....

Sounds good Josh. Email sent.