Sign in to follow this  
Glendon

W&c Swatches

Hi all,

I have been thinking about getting in touch with W&C for a first order. I have been very happy with the retail suppliers, but I thought I would see what I can really get direct. I was going to e-mail them and ask about swatches / samples, but then I thought I would pop in here and see if I can get a little information ahead of time so I know what they will and won't do. Could someone who has gotten samples from W&C tell me what the experience was like? Do they charge for samples? Do they tend to expect a first order at the same time? Thanks in advance.

I've always had them bend over backwards getting samples out to me, they have swatches cut in the shapes of hides, but I've even asked for bigger samples. Actually I haven't had any issues with any leather suppilers getti samples to me! So your rit down in Boston? You've got some leather sellers in driving distance! Ipswitch, Hudson NH, hull am, and Littleton mass, that I can think off right off hand!

1338519370[/url]' post='250646']

Hi all,

I have been thinking about getting in touch with W&C for a first order. I have been very happy with the retail suppliers, but I thought I would see what I can really get direct. I was going to e-mail them and ask about swatches / samples, but then I thought I would pop in here and see if I can get a little information ahead of time so I know what they will and won't do. Could someone who has gotten samples from W&C tell me what the experience was like? Do they charge for samples? Do they tend to expect a first order at the same time? Thanks in advance.

W&C only asked me for my mailing address and I got the samples in maybe 3 days. If you go to to their tannery, I'm sure they'll just hand you the samples for free.

Thanks for the information you two.

awharness: Yes I'm familar with Watherhouse Leather in Littleton and G-N in Hudson. Unfortunately, I have a physical disability that prevents me from driving. It's one of the main reasons I live in the city. So wouldn't be able to run out to a physical location, even if it was a few miles out.

I'll go ahead and e-mail or call W&C.

Thanks for the information you two.

awharness: Yes I'm familar with Watherhouse Leather in Littleton and G-N in Hudson. Unfortunately, I have a physical disability that prevents me from driving. It's one of the main reasons I live in the city. So wouldn't be able to run out to a physical location, even if it was a few miles out.

I'll go ahead and e-mail or call W&C.

I've ordered a couple times from W&C after getting my samples. Linda has been very helpful (and easiest to reach) for everything. There was never any pressure to order when I first called either. I love everything they've sent me so far!