Sign in to follow this  
anester05

Issure With Cobra 4 Stitch

I do plan on talking with Steve more on this but I am posting here to see if anyone else has had this problem and might have a quick fix.

The main problem is the machine will be humming along fine and then a couple of stitches will not pull through.

I am trying to stitch the length of a strap for a breast collar. It is just a single ply 10-12 oz strap. I don't seem to have this problem with thinner thread. Could this be a me trying to sew with too thick of thread?

Thread I am using is 277 with a 200/25 needle.

Here are some pictures of my problem.

post-8545-079936400 1338904581_thumb.jpg

post-8545-019082700 1338904625_thumb.jpg

Thanks for any help on this.

Adam

Mine was doing that too, but not so much now. Un-thread the machine and re-thread just to make sure you didn't miss anything. Make sure you have adequate presser foot pressure to make sure it's not slipping backwards when it pulls tension. I don't think that's the case with yours because your stitch holes all look consistently spaced from one row to the next, but wouldn't hurt to try. You can test it by gently pushing the leather into the machine as you sew to help it feed and to make sure it doesn't slip backwards. If that fixes it, tighten the presser foot.

I ended up switching needles to a different point style because I wasn't having much luck with the needles it shipped with. User error, I'm sure, but hey - whatever works. Besides, I like the appearance of a different style needle that I wasn't getting with the ones it shipped with. I think your thread size is fine - the thickness of leather you're sewing should be plenty thick to bury the knot.