Sign in to follow this  
CWR

Taps

I'm trying to make a pattern for some bulldog taps and not having much luck. Do any of you have a pattern you would be willing to share?

Thanks,

CW

Hi CW,

Try this one, hope you can see the 1" squares, if not get back to me and I'll trace it out on some white card.

Ian

Tap_Pattern.JPG

Saddle_006.jpg

post-6691-1216799216_thumb.jpg

post-6691-1216799236_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ian. Those are almost exactly what I had in mind. i am going to add a tab at the top for the stirrup leather hobbles to fo through and make them out of rawhide. Sure do appreciate it.

CW

My pleasure, glad I could help, can't wait to see the finished article, rawhide eh!

I can't hardly wait to see rawhide taps.... This will be a first. not that it's never been done before, but in our part of the country taps are used to keep your feet dry.

But it never rains in Kamloops! Well at least every time I've been in the Okanagan it's been sunny for 9 months and then too damn cold to ride a horse.

Edited by IanCantwell

Bob,

I'm down in the Davis Mountains and our feet don't get wet near enough. But I plan on putting lacquer on them just in case.

CW

CW,

If you have never made a set of rawhide taps. You will need to get some sand and fill them up before you let them dry. I just wanted to let you know that before you started.

Ashley

Thanks everyone. I'm going to have to put the taps on hold for awhile. Got an order for a couple of bosals. But as soon as I get them done I'll let yall know how they turned out.

Thanks again,

CW