Here's another item done today. This is a simple checkbook cover/wallet without any credit card slots. I really like how it turned out. I tried some different finishing techniques, and I think I may try 'em again. As always, thanks for looking, and let me know what you think. Be blessed everyone.

post-7660-028061600 1340148715_thumb.jpg

Beautiful again...do you mind sharing your finishing technique or do you want to keep it to yourself? Thanks

Beautiful again...do you mind sharing your finishing technique or do you want to keep it to yourself? Thanks

No ma'am...I don't mind sharing what I know (which typically isn't much...LOL). On this project, I did a light coat of Neatsfoot oil, Clear Lac, medium brown antique (tried the paste this time), and then Tan Kote. I really liked the paste antique. I'd been using the gel stuff and had been getting uneven darkness. Someone suggested I try the paste. I kinda like it. The next experiment will be using RTC resist and paste. I used the Clear Lac this time because there was no dyed lettering or anything, and it's a bit less expensive than RTC. I'm trying to only use RTC when there's lettering involved.

Anyway, hope that helps...and thanks for the kind words.