Sign in to follow this  
buffalo

Chinks

I'm just trying out this photo upload. This was my last prodject.

Buff

0017.JPG

post-5732-1200617927_thumb.jpg

Buff, the photo upload works great, can you upload the whole picture now...PLEASE

I'm intriqued so far, but watering at the mouth.

Ken

Here ya go, a full pic.

Buff

0009.JPG

post-5732-1200618668_thumb.jpg

Buff, very very nice. the Moose picture on the top, how exactly did you do that? And I would suspect that that's moose you used for the tassles?

Thanks for the full picture. Oh yea, the meander you did, that's so deep and crisp, I think it's about the best I've ever seen.

Ken

Buff,

Great looking chinks.

Randy

I know what Chinks are.... But how the hell did they get that name? Sounds kinda racist doesnt it?

BTW, Very nice.... what weight leather did you use on these? Oiled or dyed?

Edited by wolvenstien

Thanks for the comments. The word "chinks" may have come from Spanish words chingo (leather stirrup covers) or chingadera ("cut off, blunted"), but the derivation is still unproven. The tops are made from 10-12 Wickett & Craig saddle skirting, oiled. The chink is about 4 oz drum died cow hide. The fringe is elk hide. And the (moose LOL) "Elk" is laser engraved.

Buff

Very cool, thanks Buff

Thanks for the complement's.

Regards Buff

Buff, I like the direction you and your mentor have gone with your work.

I have a real pet peave about commercial design v.s. custom style. Y'all got it down.

Makes me wonder if your mentor and my mentor came up in the same circles.

Anyway, with chaps and chinks, I never cared for the buckle strap in back, a little too one size fits all. When the rear strap is stiched in or laced in(which I like cause you can show off an little more) it makes the whole thing look like it was special made for the customer. Thus the turm Custom, right?

I like the knife too. What the heck are the 'Ds' for on the top? Teach me something new.

Nice work,GH

I just made the knife case. Before that I used a pocket knife on a small lanyard with a trigger snap that I would hook to the D. because it's hard to get a pocket knife out of your pocket with chaps on. I personally don't like the looks of chaps & chinks with big old bulky pockets sewn on, just me. So you might as well put one on the other side just in case, right?

Regards Buff

I really like the conchos nice job

Dink

Very nice!! Clean lines and flawless execution. I also have to say that is one of the best meanders I've seen. Meanders are some of my favorite stamps and some of the hardest to use in my opinion. Great job.