Bible Cover for my A/C Tech. First try at figure carving. Nice to be able to barter for services.

post-19692-003859300 1341110627_thumb.jp

post-19692-000217000 1341110638_thumb.jp

post-19692-087753100 1341110658_thumb.jp

Edited by Tim S

Came out beautiful. Your AC tech is going to have to slap a lot of fingers because everybody is going to want to touch.

WOW!

Looks great, everything is crisp and clean with wonderful detail and shading

Nicely done

How do you get st. peter so their is no stain on it??? Sheen it? i'm a newbie so i'd love to know

Hi. I copy the images on a copying machine after I carve them and cut a 1/4" hardboard figure to match them as close as possible. Then lay the pieces over the carvings with a heavy weight on them and then spray the dye. Then a coat of Wyo-Sheen to block the antique. Wyo-Sheen from Sheridan Leather is the best total blocker I have found if you are using an antique on the carving to highlight the details. If you use satin sheen or super sheen two coats are usually needed and the antique will still tint the natural looking leather color just a little bit.

You could also dye the background with trimmed sheep skin and cut it in close with a brush around the figures. If dyeing with sheep skin or spraying with a gun I use 4-6 thin coats sometimes more sometimes less. More thin coats will produce a more even finish. I usually thin my Fiebing's dye 2-3 parts thinner and 1 part dye

Thanks Tim.

How do you get st. peter so their is no stain on it??? Sheen it? i'm a newbie so i'd love to know

You're Bible cover turned out great! Your customer is going to be proud.

Bob

Not to detract from the excellent job on the cover, but did anyone else notice the incredible setup for those tools? I was so impressed by the simple and clean organization involved, I intend to do something similar as soon as I can.

Not to detract from the excellent job on the cover, but did anyone else notice the incredible setup for those tools? I was so impressed by the simple and clean organization involved, I intend to do something similar as soon as I can.

That was my first thought. whats nicer the bible cover or your work space. I am jealous of both :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Tim S,

I started a thread on work spaces...Would you take a pic of yours and post it! I would like to see the whole area. It looks pretty cool from what I could see!

Sure. Where do you want me to post them. There is is also some pictures in the tools and shop gallery.

Thanks Tim

Tim S,

I started a thread on work spaces...Would you take a pic of yours and post it! I would like to see the whole area. It looks pretty cool from what I could see!

LOL I agree I like his work space and No way am I posting mine till I do some work... It looks bad. So lets see some work places so I can copy them!