I am new to leather sewing machines and I bought a Consew 227 (I think) from someone off of Craigslist a couple years ago. I couldn't get it to work right, the bobbin thread kept getting jumbled up, so I'm thinking it just needs to be adjusted...

Anyway, I'm thinking that this is the wrong machine for me anyway. I would like to sew chaps, halters, bridles, spur straps, etc. and this machine has the toothed walking foot that marks up the leather. So I guess I would like to sell this machine and get something else.

What machine would you all recommend for that type of work and where would I go about selling my machine?

Welcome to the forum,the thread is getting bunched up underneath because either it's threaded wrong or the top tension is too loose.This should be a great lighter duty machine for chaps & spur straps.

Bob

This machine will not sew halters or bridles. You can get smooth feet that will not leave marks. You must hold/pull back both top and bottom thread for at least three stitches when you start sewing, if you don't you will get a bird nest around the bobbin.