Haven't posted any work in a while. Here's an IWB I made not long ago. This is the second project I've made with Wickett and Craig. I'm using their Russet Saddle Skirting, and absolutely love it. I had them "holster" it, and the holsters made from it are really nice and stiff, and easily stay open for re-holstering with one hand. You can't see it in these photos, but I "beveled" the opening of the mouth a bit to further aid in re-holstering. The color is Fiebing's Pro Oil Light Brown, with Pro Oil Black airbrushed on the edges. The neatsfoot oil applied after wet forming darkened the leather a bit, so it wound up more of a medium brown. I have some light colored EVOO I may use in the future for a light color like that. Finish is 50/50 Resolene and water applied with an airbrush.

Paul

P1030190.jpg

P1030187.jpg

P1030181.jpg

That is a great looking rig...almost a shame its an IWB. What weigh W&C saddle skirting is it?

Extremely nice looking rig!!

Did you also spray the inside of the holster with the airbrush to seal it? I ask because the sweat shield has a little glossy look to it, and it's something I do pretty often.

Thanks guys!

It started at around 9 to 9.5 oz, which I sanded (don't have a splitter unfortunately) down to just over 8oz. I'd call it about 8.3oz. Next piece I buy from them, I'll probably have them split to 8oz even.

I do seal the inside of my holsters, but I do so with a foam brush. I've tried doing it with the airbrush, but it just ricochets back into my face. It's not too glossy on the body shield, but is a tiny bit shiny. That's mostly an artifact of the camera flash doing that.

Paul

Really nicely done. I like the color and contrast.