Sign in to follow this  
freak

freakin frattin no good ....

Here's the one i was working on while posting the prototype one. Not much on the creative side once it came to tooling a design. Just some very, very simple child like flames. Now i gotta get me some velcro and start the next one and do something about this freakin tooth ache. ARRGGGG !!!! freakin frattin no good tooth ....... ouch

flametk06.jpg

post-158-1217305701_thumb.jpg

Sorry bout the tooth bro. Take some Tylenol extra strength. This looks great btw. Wow a tooth ache and still kicking ass. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Freak, I really like the aged look you're able to achieve. I keep trying to do this with not much success so far. Did you use Eco-Flo dyes, and if so, which ones? Also, how did you apply them... With a dauber?

Any tips would be appreciated, my friend! Best, -Alex :cowboy:

Nice work!

Love the tank cover the color work is awesome! :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the the tooth ache - I feel your pain - I am on my third trip to the dentist in a week.

Thank you all very much.

Alex, Yes i'm using eco flo dyes. Here's what i'm doing.

I first applied the "range tan" with a dauber, everywhere. Then i used "java brown", which i applied with a brush. I colored all the places you would want antique to darken. I would lay it on a little heavy in those places and as the brush starts to dry i make very short strokes just where ever. Then i use "dr cocoa brown" on the edges. I apply it with a brush as well. I lay this on in many diff coats to achieve the dark shade i want. Just like the "java brown" when the brush starts to dry i blotch the brush to blend the edge color to the center . I also make some brush strokes here and there just like i did with the "java brown". Then i buff the carp out of it and seal with super sheen. That's when you can really see the aging look. Buff the carp out of that and apply one more coat of SS.

Hope that made since. I still need to make one more of these. I'll take pics as i go on the dye job.

I'd have a toothache, too, if my teeth looked like that!

I like that paint job - makes the flames look 3-D. And I say excellent work with the zipper.

Crystal

Thank you. Now i gotta start laying out the next one which i'll try using velcro. Still drawing up my graphics for it. Here's a quick pic of the tank on the gun. Think i'll have to cover the hopper in leather to match (the big thing on top that holds the balls) and maybe a grip cover.

flametk10.jpg

It seems the neighbors dog has totally adopted my family. As soon as they let him out he's at our door going crazy to get in. At night i have to walk him back to their door. I've never been big on little dogs but i gotta admit,,,, the Tomster is a pretty cool lil fella.

tomster.jpg

post-158-1217375868_thumb.jpg

post-158-1217376057_thumb.jpg

Freak,

Sorry about the tooth. It does not appear to have disturbed your creativity or skills. I was about to ask what it was, and then saw the last pic and went "aha"! Looks sweet!

Brent