Sign in to follow this  
Matt Alsaker

I Really Like Airbrushing

I posted my first attempt at airbrushing a couple weeks ago. I made a few adjustments to the holster design and how I use the airbrush based on feedback. Here's my most recent attempt. The holster is for a Glock 17.

post-28681-099987600 1344370647_thumb.jp

post-28681-058555300 1344370654_thumb.jp

Looks like a pretty steady hand! :clapping:

Attaching a couple of designs that were painted [only], no tooling. These were done with a fairly inexpensive airbrush and some practice.

These bags were done to show colors available (seems it's easier for some to say 'I want mine this color red', or whatever), and to display the style of the bag. They are deliberately NOT so very detailed.

For inspiration and some REAL leather coloring, I recommend Anet's work!

Looks like a pretty steady hand! :clapping:

Attaching a couple of designs that were painted [only], no tooling. These were done with a fairly inexpensive airbrush and some practice.

Ok. Leather work itself is hard enough, and you have to go and show your excellent airbrush skills. Haha! No fair. All kidding aside, I really like what you've done with blending those two skills together.

I posted my first attempt at airbrushing a couple weeks ago. I made a few adjustments to the holster design and how I use the airbrush based on feedback. Here's my most recent attempt. The holster is for a Glock 17.

Lovley work... I love the holster modell, do you have a pattern for sale or a tutorial??

//BhB

Lovley work... I love the holster modell, do you have a pattern for sale or a tutorial??

//BhB

The pattern was taken from Will Ghormley's 1911 pattern pack. I believe on his website he refers to the holster style as the "pancake", but in the pattern pack he calls it the "hugger". I use the same construction methods he lays out in the pattern pack, but modified the back plate and holster to fit my Glock 17. I also made a few adjustments to the design some it was exactly how I wanted it.

The pattern was taken from Will Ghormley's 1911 pattern pack. I believe on his website he refers to the holster style as the "pancake", but in the pattern pack he calls it the "hugger". I use the same construction methods he lays out in the pattern pack, but modified the back plate and holster to fit my Glock 17. I also made a few adjustments to the design some it was exactly how I wanted it.

Thanx. I will buy Will's pattern, I got most of hes patterns.

Looks like a pretty steady hand!

Awesome work ! Where these sprayed using spirit dyes?