Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone tried using the .40 XDM 3.8 bluegun for the .45? Springfield has no worthwhile specs on their website. Any ideas or leads would be helpful. I need to find something for this gun to mold with.

Thanks in advance, Jim

Just a note...I've molded several style holsters for my XDM 45 4.5" barrel, and my standard XD 9mm SC 3" barrel fits these holsters pretty darn good too. I don't think the upper gun / guard dimensions, at least, are all that different. Mind you, I haven't put a caliper to them to get precise measurements. I had both guns out on the desk one day, and thought, "what the heck", and gave it a try.

One of my first ARG-style holsters attempts , open toed, will allow the .45's barrel to pass through the toe, and that one was molded for the 9mm XD. So in that case, the reverse is true.

Keep in mind I am no expert here, but both guns seat nicely and don't fall out when tipped over. In my first IWB I made, built like a pancake minus the belt slots, siamese loop on the front ; the 9 is actually harder to shake out than the 45. I think this is weight related. In any case, they both fit. This was molded for the XDM 45 4.5"bbl.

For what it is worth....

Jake

Jake, Thanks for the input. I am going to give it a try and see how it works out. I appreciate it! Jim