Thank you all for the replies, I appreciate it. Seems most like the 441 or clones, I like what I've read about them, they seem to be very versatile, id like to do bags too, heavier stuff. I talked with the funds appropriation department, aka the wife, anybody know when he'll is going to freeze over? Haha. I'm keeping my eye out for some used stuff. A dealer has a Singer 153W103 that he wants $1350 on a new table with a servo motor. Might be a bit high considering I cannot find any listing for parts for that machine. I think a boss may be better than a powered machine that parts are no longer available for.

Jeremy

J, never used a Boss. I've heard great things about them and many people have great success with them. However, I would suggest comparing the Boss price to a powered machine. Maybe another 5- 700$ to go powered?

Edited by CountryTrash

I bought my Boss back about 6 or 8 years ago, . . . NIB, . . . have not looked back.

My hands are for hamburgers, . . . machines are for stitching leather.

I guess I figure that anything I make at age 67 will long outlast me, . . . no matter which way I do it, . . .

And if there is a company that stands behind their machines better than Tippmann, . . . it must be Zippo.

May God bless,

Dwight

That is a beautiful machine!! I just love the old iron. Any idea of its age?

Jeremy

I'm not sure. 50's Maybe?? I can't believe how well it stitches, it is certainly only limited by the operator (in my hands). There's nothing like the sound it makes and the ease which it goes though leather. Amazing machine I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone.

Just look at these stitches I laid down yesterday, again, this is all the machine, I'm still new at this, turn a corner, stitch length remains consistent, plus I get this great feeling I'm working with a peice of history when I run it.

IMG_20120902_154604.jpg

Edited by mogwild

I picked up Cambell Randell I love it, it was used. Also Singer 45K25 old but good.

I picked up a "Dealer Sample" Artisan/Toro 3000 a few years back at the Wickenburg leather expo, and since the dealer didn't want to tote it back to California, I got it for a very decent price, all set up. He even helped me load it into my truck! LOL. I am now retired (23 years in Law Enforcement) and holstermaking was my hobby, but it is becoming more of a business now. I avarage about 5-6 holsters a month on it right now, and have really only used it for holsters. I think in the last 4 years, I've maybe made one belt on it. It has been a great machine so far. I have only broken one needle in the last 4 years and haven't had to adjust it since it was set up. Just a little oil every now and then and make sure the bobbin is loaded before I start and off I go... I could not believe how much faster it made my production routine, and how much more "professional" looking my peices came out, after I got the machine. It was definately worth every penny.

-Tac