ljensen

1St Bosal

I finished my first bosal and thought I would share. It was a great learning opportunity and I had some Ah-hah moments during the process. Some of the things that I need practice on are the nosebuttons and interweaves on the heel knots. I followed Alan's bosal tutorial for the nose button and referred to Grant's book for the turnback. Somehow I zigged instead of zag because I ended up doing a gaucho instead of the pineapple. I apologize for the picture quality, I snapped them with the phone last night.

Elko-20120909-00250.jpg

Elko-20120909-00251.jpg

Elko-20120909-00252.jpg

I think it's beautiful and wish my braiding was that good. Cheryl

Very nicely done for your first bosal. I love the heel knot. You did very well on that. The braid itself is very nicely done and appears from the photo to be evenly done with an even hand. The ring knots on both sides look good as well except for the one on the right side where it tends to look a bit tighter on one side. I even had problems with my ring knots doing that for the longest time. The nose button looks good as well except for the ends where they creep up on you as the lace dried. I think I remember some where in Alan's tutorial about leaving a little extra at the ends on the nose button to allow for shrink as the lace dries. But I could be wrong. But I still love the whole project and I must say " WOW " on such an awesome job. Well done and I do look forward to seeing more of your work in the bosal area.

:thumbsup:

B...

Very nicely done for your first bosal. I love the heel knot. You did very well on that. The braid itself is very nicely done and appears from the photo to be evenly done with an even hand. The ring knots on both sides look good as well except for the one on the right side where it tends to look a bit tighter on one side. I even had problems with my ring knots doing that for the longest time. The nose button looks good as well except for the ends where they creep up on you as the lace dried. I think I remember some where in Alan's tutorial about leaving a little extra at the ends on the nose button to allow for shrink as the lace dries. But I could be wrong. But I still love the whole project and I must say " WOW " on such an awesome job. Well done and I do look forward to seeing more of your work in the bosal area.

:thumbsup:

B...

Thanks Brian. I have the hardest time getting two ring knots to look the same. :wacko: The nose button really needed an interweave on both ends as there was a little gap between the strings. I couldn't figure out an interweave for the gaucho and I wanted to complete the whole process, so I let it slide as a learning experience.

I sure sweated the heel knot since I ended up with no extra length from the foundation string. I had to go back and re-tighten the foundation to gain enough length to finish the last pass.

I have certainly left room for improvement, but it sure was fun and there were some great :Lighten: moments.