Sign in to follow this  
dsolsbery

"howdy" From Hico, Tx

I am sooo green to leather working, that if you stuck me in the ground, I'd grow. But, I LOVE IT! My name is Dennis Solsbery, 62 years old, wife and two grown children, a deacon in my church, retired from the Air Force, working full time for a security company at a nuclear power plant and live in Hico, TX. I became interested in leather working when I bought handguns for my wife and me, and when I started looking for holsters, I decided I could make one as good as the ones I looked at. So.....the seed was planted and I haven't looked back. That is until I look at the work you people turn out, then I tell myself, "you don't have enough time left to learn all that!" Oh well, I'll have fun trying. Even though I joined a year ago, I haven't examined this site as closely as I plan to now, and I look forward gleaning all I can from the boatload of experts here. God bless you all!

Edited by dsolsbery

hello Dennis, Iam a greeny also. and yes there is some amazing work here.

Hello Dennis and welcome.

Don't worry, you'll pick up all kinds of information from the great carvers on this site.

The key is to practice. It makes our hobby so much more fun when you have some

basic skills.

Hello David, Hico is about 60-70 miles southwest of Ft. Worth. I was born in Tahoka, so I'm familiar with your area.

Welcome where is Hico located, I am from Amarillo, anyway welcome and jump on inDavid

Edited by dsolsbery

Thanks Redbeard, I look forward to trying different things with leather.

Hello Dennis and welcome.

Don't worry, you'll pick up all kinds of information from the great carvers on this site.

The key is to practice. It makes our hobby so much more fun when you have some

basic skills.

Howdy Dennis.

Welcome to the art of leathercraft. Thats pretty close to the reasons I got into leatherwork as well. It really doesnt matter what level a person is at, its more about the enjoyment gained. We all get better every time we start a new project, some of us that have been at it for a while will tell you you never know it all and probably never will, but thats the draw its allways something new and it never gets boring.

AMEN, Redrock and thanks.

Thanks Robert. You have some beautiful holsters. That is what I'm interested in the most. I like making the iwb, owb and the western rigs.

Hello Dennis.....Welcome to the forum!

Thanks, King's X. The amount of information I've already found in a short amount of time is pretty overwhelming.

Dennis I have been doing leatherwork for a few years and really got serious about it a year ago. It is a fun hobby and with every project you learn something new (Even if its the 100th wallet you've made you will learn SOMETHING new). Anyway I'm 21 years old and just moved from West Texas to Stephenville and I have to admit I like ya'lls part of Texas.

Edited by hollisyoung