Here are a few more chap purses that I finished today. I made one for a friends grand daughter (the white one with Victoria on it), the blue one was for a friends daughter (says Gabbi on it). These two are smaller than the others that I make. The others would be too big for a small child. Then I made one to donate to the Georgia Equine Rescue League (GERL). I donate items to them twice a year for their auctions to raise money to help horses. I haven't figured out yet who I'll give the other purse to. Maybe my sister if she'll use it. My wife is fussing at me to sell something and quit giving it away but I like to give them away. That way it's not work but fun.

ArtS

Edited by ArtS

Let me be the first to steal from you. I really like 'm. Nice work.

How bout a picture of the insides, if they have pockets and such?

THere's nothing wrong with giving it away, sooner or later the karma will come back, tenfold.

I didn't put a pocket in the little ones. They are too small plus I figured the little girls wouldn't need the pocket as much.

The pocket is sewn to the back with rivets on the corners to make them stronger.

ArtS

very nice art!!

i really like the look of those bags and you finish them off very well :thumbsup:

nothing wrong with giving away somethng like that!

if you were to start selling them, it may take the enjoyment out of making them

hey art!

nice work there again man! you've done it again! these purses are really cool. and by the way i really like your new head knife!------sheridanman

Here are a few more chap purses that I finished today. I made one for a friends grand daughter (the white one with Victoria on it), the blue one was for a friends daughter (says Gabbi on it). These two are smaller than the others that I make. The others would be too big for a small child. Then I made one to donate to the Georgia Equine Rescue League (GERL). I donate items to them twice a year for their auctions to raise money to help horses. I haven't figured out yet who I'll give the other purse to. Maybe my sister if she'll use it. My wife is fussing at me to sell something and quit giving it away but I like to give them away. That way it's not work but fun.

ArtS

Hi Art. These look great but they also look pretty large. How big is the actual pocket and are they for children or adults?

Tony.

Those look fun to make, can you supply some details of the construction process?

Attached are the patterns for the adult size. The strap for the adult size from the yoke to yoke (including the ring) is 41" with about 3" hanging through the buckle.

The kids purse does not have a pocket. Too small for that. The kids purse is a total of 12 1/2 inches from top to the tip of the fringe. On the backside it's 10 " from the top to the bottom of the back piece and 6 1/2 inches from side to side not counting the fringe. The yoke is 9" from side to side. The strap is about 31" plus 3 hanging out the buckle.

First I cut all the pieces out.

Then I tool the yokes and finish the edges.

Then I cut the fringe on the front piece with a roller blade.

Then I glue on the pocket on the back piece then sew it and then put a rivet in each of the top corners of the pocket.

Then I glue and sew on the yokes to the front and back pieces.

Then I attach the conchos on the front with the strings.

Then I put a little glue around the edges of the two pieces up to the yokes and glue them together. This is mostly to hold them in place while I sew them which I do after the glue dries. Then on the adult purse I use two rivets to rivet the straps in between the yokes. Then I put one rivet in the front tip. Then I punch out two holes for the back concho and put that on. For the kids purse I just use the saddle string to hold on the back strap and one rivet to hold the front on.

Then I attach the straps to the rings.

You're done.

These are just so cute! Great job!

Susan

howdy art

Those are great you make some nice stuff and these are great thanks for sharing.

Josh

Thanks very much for the info, I may try one when things slow up a bit. Seems to be too many pots on the fire right now.