Sign in to follow this  
troy

7 Years In The Making Or Since I First Got The Bug

I blame al stohlman for getting me a carving bug, and ron edwards for giving me the braiding bug plus the hordes of artist out their showing off their masterpieces - this quirt below may not be as much of a master piece but damn its as close as my experiance allows at the moment, theirs sure to be plenty of more challenges to come that will improve it no dault I just hope they cost less in stress, sweat and blood.

rawhide-quirt.jpg

whow sweet work, love the handle and the designs in it. A real piece of art that A hope you have your name on.

Very nice. That is a quirt to be proud of.

cheers for all your good comments - sort of makes the sweat and blood worth while. It did teach me alot that I thought I knew and showed me that I know more then I thought apart from the long knot which i did think at the time was the way long knots are made for bosal's - have learnt since that they are alot easier but I don't mind, the satifaction I felt unpon finally finishing it after 3 hard concentration days made the effort worthwhile.

Paul

Lovely work, Paul. Glad to see you are still turning out great things.

Ray

Nice! I like the fid work. That is something I've always wanted to do, maybe I'll do it soon. Yours turned out great.