Leatherpownder

Bosalita

Super cool!!

Beautiful work, Cheryl

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Pretty stoked to get one like it!

I don't want to sound like the moron I am sometimes Bruce but I'm not sure of what your specialty area is. Or if you have a dozen of them....so couldn't you make one? Cheryl

I don't want to sound like the moron I am sometimes Bruce but I'm not sure of what your specialty area is. Or if you have a dozen of them....so couldn't you make one? Cheryl

Cheryl,

I don't braid, and even if I did, Bret is way over on the right side of the bell curve of braiders. I have the dark colored reins he posted a few months ago. They are braided straight as a rule, feel good, and are a pretty color to boot. The body of this hackamore is the same color string. I think it will look outstanding paired with the reins in a two-rein set up.

Oh I agree. I saw his reins he did. I'm just in awe of someone buying something from someone else here I guess. A lot of us, and maybe it's just we newer people seem to says things like, 'I just love that, I think I'll make one.' Actually when I first started here I was more interested in doing bosals and things like that than I was in the direction I ended up. I bought a whole cow of rawhide strips and a really great book that I can't lay my hands on right this second because I moved, that was all about making things with rawhide. :) It took me about 4 times reading through to realize I had one big problem. I can't figure out the knots no matter how someone demonstrates them. I can round braid all day and love doing it so use it with my other projects all the time, but I can't do the simplest knot. And even though I love working with rawhide and braiding I don't have any great ability at it so even if I had the talent to make something like he did, which I don't, it would take me a year. I used a round braid on a rhythm beads project. I had an English rein, have no idea why since I ride western, but never throw anything away, and I think it's by far the prettiest set I ever made. Well you saw some of them, I remember you asking if they were ceremonial or something like that. But that's the only tack related items I even attempt these days Bruce. Everything else seems to be just whatever someone wants. I started out with my horse eye jewelry, rhythm beads and wanting to do tack and now I'm making the eye jewelry, beads and made an epi pen holder, a coin purse, 2 dog collars, a belt, and several guitar straps. I'm finishing up a messenger bag for myself currently to carry my products in. Seemed odd for a leatherworker to carry products around in a plastic store bag :-)

Could you post a picture of the entire headstall, bosal and reins when you get it put together? Thanks, Cheryl

Very nice and clean work.

I love it.