Sign in to follow this  
paradoxbox

Seiko Lsw-8Bl Opinions?

So I after giving up on the last machine I had been thinking about thanks to the generous advice and warnings from people here, I have found a set of Seiko LSW-8BL machines priced at about $500 each, including tables / motors etc. They both look to be in good condition with just some paint wear.

One of them is an 8BL CS Coarse Stitch model which I guess means it has the ability to do longer stitches.

Does anyone have any opinions on these?

Also, the seller of both machines is the same, but the CS machine is missing the presser feet. I could replace them fairly cheaply from what I can see online, but does anyone have any advice about whether it's even worth it?

My typical projects are shoes and sandals, commuter pass cases, key tags, and bags.

Here's an 8BL. The 8BL CS version looks the same except there's a small adjustment knob to the left of where the blue sticker is in this picture.

Any advice appreciated, the auctions end quite soon and the price looks good..!

http://store.keysew.com/content/187022/CatagoryProductImages/RefurbishedMachines/SeikoLSW-8BL/SeikoLSW-8BLHead.jpg

• I'd say it's worth $500.00,it will sew close to 3/8",the knob your talking must be for the stitch length.
  • Bob

Did you buy this machine? I have one, they are the same as a consew 255 I fitted mine with a cheap servo motor from china it is way better to use it now as apposed to the clutch motor it was way to fast for what I needed. They use the same presser foot type as a singer 111 I have purchased a few feet from Sharp sewing on ebay very cheeply...

Hi there,

I ended up not buying this machine as at the same time a very lucky auction for me came up at the same price with no bidders.

I ended up buying a cylinder arm Seiko HC-2B in fantastic condition, the only problem was the stitch knob plastic was broken, the knob still works the plastic is just broken. Besides that it's completely fine and sews beautifully, and is especially useful for me because I make shoes which have weird shapes that are difficult to do on a flatbed machine.

Now I am on the prowl for a motor and a stand as the machine did not come with either (Not a big deal, I am content to use it hand-cranked at the moment as it's still worlds faster than hand sewing)

here's a pic of the model of machine i bought. it seems to be a toughly built machine.

20110402_2011113.jpg

Edited by paradoxbox