Matt Alsaker

Adjustable Tension Rubber Spacers?

I'm attempting to make my first combination magazine / handcuff pouch. Along the magazine side, I'd like to install an adjustable tension screw with a rubber hose / spacer. I've attached a picture of what I'm trying to accomplish. The part I can't figure out, what to use for the rubber spacer? I've checked several hardware stores and just got back from an automotive store. The automotive store had the closest stuff, but the hose is very stiff making it not work very well as an adjustable spacer. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Matt

post-28681-0-30911900-1349382428_thumb.j

It's just gas line. Available from Lowe's and Home Depot, to Napa, and Advanced auto.

The stuff you bought might be something else, or for a different use.

Old Faithful Holsters sells it for $1.95 per foot. However like Cranky Yankee said it is just fuel line and you should find it at any auto parts store. What youu have might be vacuum line.

Thanks guys. I'll stop back at the automotive place and get some fuel line. Camano Ridge you're correct, I picked up vacuum line. Thanks again.

The picture below shows what you need for a tension set up basically a Tee nut, a cupped or countsunk washer, screw and rubber washer (slice of rubber hose). You can find most everything at home depot or lowes etc. If you don't need black. You can get most everything from Knifekits.com or Old Faithful Holsters in black.

post-15001-0-15377200-1349409899_thumb.j

Edited by camano ridge

The picture below shows what you need for a tension set up basically a Tee nut, a cupped or countsunk washer, screw and rubber washer (slice of rubber hose). You can find most everything at home depot or lowes etc. If you don't need black. You can get most everything from Knifekits.com or Old Faithful Holsters in black.

Picture?????

Sorry the first picture was a bunch of white screws in a snow storm, I attached a new one that shows up better :cowboy:

Look in the plumbing section for faucet washers, or in the electrical/automotive section for rubber grommets. Or, just use a hole punch, and make you own out of sheet rubber. Lots of ways to do this besides cutting hose.

Edited by BIGGUNDOCTOR