While spending 2 weeks at the cabin in CO, I did 2 projects. For some reason I up at 6:00 every morning and the wife likes to sleep till 8 or so. This year I packed my tools and took with me. If I didn't get up and go fishing in the morning, I found a log that worked for a bench and sat out on the front porch and tooled away. Made both of these in 2 weeks.

CO%20Summer%2007%20019.jpg

CO%20Summer%2008%20001.jpg

CO%20Summer%2008%20002.jpg

Sounds like the perfect way to spend two weeks!

It looks like you did just enough work..not too much, not too little.

Nice job the projects, I'll bet you keep 'em, not sell 'em.....

:clapping::clapping: Really like your check book cover.  What's not to like!?!? The carving and the lacing looks great! Gotta get me a stump!

Storm

They look fantastic.

ArtS

Nice work!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

I'm thinking seriously about doing an ensemble of Sheridan Style work for my motorcycle. Kinda bring the whole IRON HORSE thing into play! You are my inspiration Gampa!

And for the record, I can think of nowhere more perfect for a cabin than the Colorado Rockies!

CO%20Memorial%20Weekend%202007%20005.jpg

This is where I was doing my work, sitting in one of the comfortable porch chairs. At sun rise it was a whopping 40 degrees and all the natural light you could want.

As far as what I am doing with the 2 items. I had made a mens billfold for this little towns Volunteer Firemans fundraiser in June and donated to the fundraiser. The gal that runs the Lodge where it was displayed had told me that she displays/sells "Local Made" Art and told me if I made a few things she would be glad to have them in the store. So this is testing the water work.

The billfold was an old Tandy kit that still said "Made in the USA" on it, I have no idea how long I have had it. The lacing looks crappy in the pic, but the pic is not doing it justice. It was a bear to get put together, as you would have the tooled leather with the backing and then jump to 3 more layers of insert and then back to 1 layer of insert.

On the last few things I have done I have been using Valspar Wood stain. My biggest critique (SWMBO'd) is liking the lighter color better than I was getting with the Tandy stains that I had been using.

Nice work and it looks like a very peaceful place to work. Thanks for the pictures.