Sign in to follow this  
DHopper

Finally Back - A Few New Rigs

Been crazy busy with family and work lately. Hadn't had much time to post or even browse for the last couple months. I've been getting an ever increasing demand for work and just set up my new website. Still working on my cart, but at least it's up. I'll be adding a ton of new holsters and sets over the next month there.

Here's a few of my most recent works:

1911 Wild Bunch -

photo-142.jpg

photo-141.jpg

1911 MOLAN LABE Sidewinder OWB -

photo-143.jpg

photo-146.jpg

1911 Wingmaster II OWB -

photo-144.jpg

The Muti-Max OWB - fits 1911s, M&Ps, etc. -

photo-137.jpg

Those are very cool. Nicely done. I love the decorative work on the avenger style holster.

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the single snap-loop on the 1911 avenger. Why not just go with a standard belt slot? The belt is still gonna through another loop. In my mind, a snap-loop is used for easy on and off application.

Carry the stitching across the openings on the belt slide holster. That's one design that will benefit visually from the extra work, I think. Contrasting thread looks good too, and is an easy dress-up for an otherwise plain holster. The Wild bunch holster's tooling gives me a feeling of cactus-like...I like that, and the ML holster is cool, too. have to agree with CT on the loop/snap comment though. One negates the other, but a belt clip /loop might work in its place?

Nice work!

Thanks much everyone. I appreciate the feedback.

Yeah, that single snap OWB is more of a one-off design than anything. There is another maker that has a similar design and I had a couple requests for one. It actually works quite well that way, though. You can either leave it snapped and slip your belt through both loops, or have it unsnapped if where you wear it doesn't sit right against your belt loops. That way you aren't going through one holster loop, then a belt loop, then the other holster loop. It's odd, but it does work.