Hello Gang,

I used a burnisher tranfering a design. How do I remove the burnished lines before cutting it for the new lines burnished. Is there a trick or something to remove the lines?

Thanks

Chad

Pics would be helpful. You description isn't very clear.

Hi Chad, would like a pic too, don't quite understand what you mean. Cheryl

sorry i don't have a picture yet. Its the tool you use to transfer a design onto the leather. When you carve the lines, sometimes I miss the lines that I trace, so the lines show up from the tool. I'll try to get a picture.

Oh ok Chad I use a stylus to do that. And we all miss sometimes. If the line is close enough, when you bevel the carved part, that will cover it. If not you can take the spoon end of the stylus and dampen the leather and smooth it with that. However it will tend to 'burnish' (or make that area darker) the leather so you want to use a light hand with it. A picture would still help a lot for other ideas since we can see if it's a place you're going to be matting, etc. Cheryl

you could also use a bone folder after getting the leather very wet. just like an eraser.